Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Accepted for an ETA in INDONESIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it!!!! I started jumping around and could barely explain the grant in a foreign language to the local staff. I was quite speechless!

To those who were rejected, if this is something you truly want, then please go after it again. This was my second time applying. I didn't even want to, but had such a motivating advisor and gave it one more shot. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have less than 2 weeks at home this summer before I leave. Ahhh!!!!!! :-)

I cannot believe it!!!! I started jumping around and could barely explain the grant in a foreign language to the local staff. I was quite speechless!

To those who were rejected, if this is something you truly want, then please go after it again. This was my second time applying. I didn't even want to, but had such a motivating advisor and gave it one more shot. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have less than 2 weeks at home this summer before I leave. Ahhh!!!!!! :-)

congrats! See you there!

i am actually getting zero work done at work right now because i have to keep answering congrats texts from people or my phone might explode from continuously buzzing. :)

ok, so here's my understanding of who has heard so far (feel free to edit and repost):

Belgium - ETA and Full?

Germany - Full, some ETA

UK - Full

Mexico - Full

Brazil - Full and ETA

Bulgaria - Full and ETA

Indonesia - ETA

Argentina - Full

Colombia - Full

Equador - Full?

Thailand - Full and ETA

Is this it? Did I get anything wrong?

Congrats! So happy for you!.

ok, so here's my understanding of who has heard so far (feel free to edit and repost):

Belgium - ETA and Full?

Germany - Full, some ETA

UK - Full

Mexico - Full

Brazil - Full and ETA

Bulgaria - Full and ETA

Indonesia - ETA

Argentina - Full

Colombia - Full

Equador - Full?

Thailand - Full and ETA

If you are counting people on this board, I believe you are correct. Some people posted a few tweets from people who accepted grants to Laos and India.

Belgium - ETA and Full?

Germany - Full, some ETA

UK - Full

Mexico - Full

Brazil - Full and ETA

Bulgaria - Full and ETA

Indonesia - ETA

Argentina - Full

Colombia - Full

Equador - Full?

Thailand - Full and ETA

My friend received a Mexico ETA acceptance last night.

congrats! See you there!

i am actually getting zero work done at work right now because i have to keep answering congrats texts from people or my phone might explode from continuously buzzing. :)

Congrats! So happy for you!.

Thank you Bdoll! And congratulations to you as well!!!! Like I said to you before we even knew, I look forward to meeting you.

Thank you ecpurcell! I hope good news comes your way as well.

And congrats to all those who have heard great news so far! I'm still shaking!

Belgium - ETA and Full?

Germany - Full, ETA rejections and alternates, no acceptances

UK - Full

Mexico - Full

Brazil - Full and ETA

Bulgaria - Full and ETA

Indonesia - ETA

Argentina - Full

Colombia - Full

Equador - Full?

Thailand - Full and ETA

Belgium - ETA and Full?

Germany - Full, some ETA

UK - Full

Mexico - Full and ETA

Brazil - Full and ETA

Bulgaria - Full and ETA

Indonesia - ETA and Full

Argentina - Full

Colombia - Full

Equador - Full?

Thailand - Full and ETA

EU - Full

India

Laos

Belgium - ETA and Full?

Germany - Full, some ETA

UK - Full

Mexico - Full and ETA

Brazil - Full and ETA

Bulgaria - Full and ETA

Indonesia - ETA and Full

Argentina - Full

Colombia - Full

Equador - Full?

Thailand - Full and ETA

EU - Full

India

Laos

I suppose I should have said it was an ETA grant to Laos. Also just saw someone got a full grant to Australia.

I was just selected for a full grant to Australia. It is the Fulbright to study and do a project at the ANU College of Business and Economics in Canberra, Australia. I will be researching public private partnerships for infrastructure financing in Australia.

I also got a full grant to Australia today. I'll be in Adelaide next year. Woot!

And who in this forum is still waiting?

Portugal

France

Romania

Spain

All of the Middle East

All of SSA

Any E. Europe except for Bulgaria heard?

Still waiting on Armenia! I'm thinking it'll come next week like Romania. Phew...just one more week!

Just got the email: I've been accepted for the South Korea ETA fellowship. Congrats to those who've been accepted; condolences to those who've received less-fortunate news. And to all the other hopefuls: Hang in there!!!

I just got an email titled "CLS [Critical Language Scholarship] Alumni: Is Fulbright in your future?" that is inviting me to attend a State Department hosted webchat on Fulbright. Bah! For a second, just seeing the word Fulbright in my inbox made my heart skip a beat!