Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Did you check your spam folder? Maybe they're still sending them out. I wouldn't get too down yet - there's still hope!

Thanks, Kellie79, but I did check my spam folder. Nothing. Maybe still hope, but it is slim at best.

Look out fellow Russia applicants. I'm a full grant winner! I found out 13 minutes ago by email.

It feels so good! I have been planning thi

s for literally 5 years.

Молодец!!!!

Edited by lm05anti

Wahoo! Congrats!

I heard Russia hopefuls heard this evening!

Haha, only the successful Russia hopefuls! Guess they ran out of time to send the rejected/alternate emails...

Had a good cry about it, and moved on. Grad school, here I come!

Just an update/FYI:

I don't know if anyone noticed but there was another Alternate promoted to Accepted today (Sheelal90, Sri Lanka). I'm a little thrown off by the dates... I think Sri Lanka actually heard on 3/25/2012. So that puts the time from first notification to promotion at just over two weeks. And LLJKedge (who was promoted for Germany) heard just over three weeks after he got his alternate notification.

It's very promising to see people being promoted to accepted. And it seems that it's happening relatively quickly. Good luck to all alternates!

Thanks so much for checking for all of us who are anxiously awaiting... I dont' know how to interpret that either --- Does that mean THIS week... or NEXT week... or just sometime in the next seven days?!

AHHHHH this date last year they found out...reading into what Rachel said, I feel like we'll be getting news next week. Do you think we'll get an e-mail or just a letter?!

me too! i wonder how many people applied since there are only ten spots available. i don't think many people applied for the eta in previous years.

ES90 - I don't know if by 2011 they mean the current ETA's - or the number who applied for 2012-2013, but this sheet lists stats. on all of the countries. If you look at the ETA stats, find Morocco, it says that 80 people applied for 10 spots. --Again, it is not clear to me if they are referring to this year or to last year.

ES90 - I don't know if by 2011 they mean the current ETA's - or the number who applied for 2012-2013, but this sheet lists stats. on all of the countries. If you look at the ETA stats, find Morocco, it says that 80 people applied for 10 spots. --Again, it is not clear to me if they are referring to this year or to last year.

They're referring to last year since the publication refers to Fulbright meetings held in the summer/fall of 2011. So last year 80 applicants applied for however many spots were available (that info isn't easy to find for Morocco ETA, seems to stop at 2010-2011, 12 grants). So between 10 and 12 probably?...

Haha, only the successful Russia hopefuls! Guess they ran out of time to send the rejected/alternate emails...

Had a good cry about it, and moved on. Grad school, here I come!

Stay positive! It ain't over til it's over!!

Rejected Fulbright full to Russia. Good luck to you all in your research and teaching. My path just became more clear-- off to business school I go!

Oh davushka, I'm so sorry to hear that. I was rooting for you so hard!!

EXTREMELY confused though...where is my email??

Oh davushka, I'm so sorry to hear that. I was rooting for you so hard!!

EXTREMELY confused though...where is my email??

Thanks! That's so sweet of you! One thing I have learned here in eastern Europe though, is that life moves on regardless. Even when things don't work out, which they often don't.. other opportunities will guide us forward. Good luck to you-- I'm sure you'll get an e-mail soon. And if you don't, make a call-- there could be a technical glitch ;)

They're referring to last year since the publication refers to Fulbright meetings held in the summer/fall of 2011. So last year 80 applicants applied for however many spots were available (that info isn't easy to find for Morocco ETA, seems to stop at 2010-2011, 12 grants). So between 10 and 12 probably?...

so that is the thing that confuses me because last year they took in some of the people who applied to egypt eta program after the protests started happening there...i wish they'd let us know how many people applied since perhaps the arab spring discouraged people? i don't know.

Question: If Bangladesh is part of the Central Asia regional grant (including Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, and theoretically Uzbekistan), why would Bangladesh find out before the other countries in the region? It happened last year too. I'm not complaining, just curious.

Congrats to everyone chosen or still in the running (alternates) for awards, and condolences for those who were not chosen this time.

Has anyone heard news on when Turkey ETAs will hear back? A friend from last year (2011-2012) heard back in JUNE! :blink: and a friend from the 2010-2011 year heard back May 14th. I really hope it is not going to be that late this year. But, then again, there is such thing as Turkish time, which is ALWAYS late.