Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Hi - I'm also ETA for Russia (found out Wednesday).

I'm going to be working in Russia this summer and there's no way I would've been able to make it back to DC for orientation, so I asked. Response from Rachel on Friday was that there will NOT be an in-person pre-departure orientation for Russia. Good news for me!

There will probably be some kind of webinar series, then the in-country orientation in Moscow. I found tentative dates here - http://fulbright.ru/...sinstitutes/eta

Email group sounds good...

Thanks for the information and good luck working in Russia over the summer. I'd also be interested in an email group so I'll be sure to shoot off a personal message to belafish.

Russia Grantees - would you be interested in starting up an email group correspondence? I, for one, have questions to ask Rachel about the grant (like if we definitely don't have to go to orientation, which lab results they are looking for in our medical, etc) and am sure that at least some of you would be interested in her responses and/or have some of this information already. I'd also love to hear more about other projects and where you will be working! Shoot me a PM with your email address if you're interested and I'll send out an email by the middle of next week.

Best of luck to those of you still waiting to hear back from Russia (rooting for you, pelevinfan!!)

This sounds good! I have soooo many questions - some of which I'm sure will be answered when we get our packets of info (which, I hope, will be soon). I will send you a PM.

Also rll2866, did you find out on Friday or Saturday? And do you know if it was because a principal ETA did not accept or if the country got more funding? Either way, congrats!

The email was sent on a Thursday, and it did not give the reason. It just said I was promoted.

I think I may have reached the point where I've been waiting for so long that it doesn't even matter any more... What in the world is taking Spain so long?

I'm still hoping for the best, but turning my attention elsewhere.... sigh. No use worrying about the ramifications of a yeah or neigh until I have to... sigh.

This might be the week for Armenia, Moldova, Belarus, etc.

PLEASE let it be, I am not sure how much longer I'll last!

I know by waiting EXTRA hard nothing changes... but for heaven's sake!

Thanks, belafish. To be honest, with all of the acceptances that went out Wednesday, I have little hope. But I appreciate the support! And (since I never came out and said it, I don't think) CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL YOU RUSSIA GRANTEES! What a wonderful achievement, and you get to spend the year in the most awesome country ever ever ever. Enjoy :-)

I'm also rooting for you pelevinfan!

Russophiles always get it done!

So for the Central America/Caribbean people

I emailed Pam and this was her response today at 3:43pm.

Hi XXXXXXX,

I am hoping notifications will go out sometime next week. Still waiting for final approval from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.

Best, Pam

Thanks for doing that. Ugh.... one. more. week.

I think I may have reached the point where I've been waiting for so long that it doesn't even matter any more... What in the world is taking Spain so long?

I'm still hoping for the best, but turning my attention elsewhere.... sigh. No use worrying about the ramifications of a yeah or neigh until I have to... sigh.

Hey, I knowwwwwwww it is crazy how much time we have been waiting for a response. SPAIN is taking forever!!! for what program did you apply for? Best

wasn't that from last week? so you should hear this week!! :)

Haha yes. Yes it was. I just had that thought and logged on to this forum to double check the date stamp.... Thanks!! I will commence hitting the refresh button on my email over and over.... and over....

Edited by rtlc06

Rejected from Israel last Friday, good luck to everyone else!

(and congrats again, Sjay!)

thanks! I am sorry you were rejected! I was rejected last year and retweeked my project for this year, so there is always next year!!!

Spain ETA "should be sent out in the next few days." Congrats to everyone already accepted for their countries!

Tomorrow please!!

Thanks for asking for all of us. :)

I think at this point people are assuming that--because so many other people who applied to other countries have heard back--I got rejected but am saying I haven't heard because I don't want to talk about it. UGH, JUST TELL US, ESPAÑA!

To all the Caribbean folks,

I just got an email from Pamela at around 1:10 PM PST. This is the week!!! Fingers crossed and good karma passed!

Hi XXXX,

I hope selection notifications will go out this week.

Best, Pam

Tomorrow please!!

Thanks for asking for all of us. :)

I think at this point people are assuming that--because so many other people who applied to other countries have heard back--I got rejected but am saying I haven't heard because I don't want to talk about it. UGH, JUST TELL US, ESPAÑA!

I called today as well, and she said "within the next couple of days" also. I asked her then if we would be hearing before Thursday, because I have to make a decision for what I will be doing next year and she said "Yes, before Thursday." Here's hoping for tomorrow! And if not then, Wednesday for sure!

I just got an email from Pamela at around 1:10 PM PST. This is the week!!! Fingers crossed and good karma passed!

Hi XXXX,

Best, Pam

Thanks ANLstyle for keeping us all posted.

I also hope selection notifications go out this week! I turned in notice at my horrible soul-crushing job and need something to be happy about as I trudge through the last four weeks there.

I called today as well, and she said "within the next couple of days" also. I asked her then if we would be hearing before Thursday, because I have to make a decision for what I will be doing next year and she said "Yes, before Thursday." Here's hoping for tomorrow! And if not then, Wednesday for sure!

Music to my eyes! Thanks for the update, I'm thinking of going out either in celebration of in consolation of Fulbright news...

Edited by Espanya2013

Hi XXXX,

Best, Pam

Thanks for sharing. Now that I know time is near, I'm getting nervous all over again. Let's keep the faith!

Edited by orlanac21

Thanks ANLstyle for keeping us all posted.

I also hope selection notifications go out this week! I turned in notice at my horrible soul-crushing job and need something to be happy about as I trudge through the last four weeks there.

I had to respond to my graduate program today and I'm hoping I've turned them down for a Fulbright Award.