Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Congratulations to all accepted and granted alternate status!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Hong Kong via Jonathan Akeley.

Has anyone spoken to him recently? Would appreciate the news, if anyone has any...

thanks!

Congratulations to all accepted and granted alternate status!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Hong Kong via Jonathan Akeley.

Has anyone spoken to him recently? Would appreciate the news, if anyone has any...

thanks!

I emailed him like 2 weeks ago and never heard back--I assume he's just very busy.

Spain People, what cities are you going to be in?

I'm headed to Barcelona, for the most part with some time Andalucia, Valencia and Madrid...

I'll be in Granada, planning to reach out in Cadiz as well during my research. Viva Andalucia!

Could someone PM me with the Facebook group?

I'll be in Granada, planning to reach out in Cadiz as well during my research. Viva Andalucia!

Could someone PM me with the Facebook group?

oops just saw this - would still be glad to have a listserv too, but i'd be glad to join a facebook group if there is one. if someone will pm me with it too.

Are there any other Spain ETAs still waiting?

Yep, you're not the only one - I'm still waiting, too. Ahh this is the worst! Why do they have to send them out in waves??

Edited by lewiest1

Hey folks -

I just found this forum, so I hope I got this in the right place...

Has anyone applying for a Greece ETA heard back yet? I found the spreadsheet for this year that says that people who applied for a full grant heard back already, and I'm kinda going nuts between thinking I dumped my notification with my spam or something...

- T

Hey folks -

I just found this forum, so I hope I got this in the right place...

Has anyone applying for a Greece ETA heard back yet? I found the spreadsheet for this year that says that people who applied for a full grant heard back already, and I'm kinda going nuts between thinking I dumped my notification with my spam or something...

- T

I don't know specifically but it's possible that only notifications for full grants went out. You could reach out to Rachel Holskin and ask her when you should expect to hear. That way if you should have already heard she can tell you. But not all countries release ETA and full grant notifications at the same time.

Congratulations to all of those accepted, and congratulations to all of those still waiting - if I remember correctly, today marks the six month anniversary of the 2012-2013 application submission deadline! That's right folks, our relationship with the FSB has lasted longer than most high school romances.

Congratulations to all of those accepted, and congratulations to all of those still waiting - if I remember correctly, today marks the six month anniversary of the 2012-2013 application submission deadline! That's right folks, our relationship with the FSB has lasted longer than most high school romances.

it feels like i've been waiting for a year lol

I keep telling myself... I have waited this long, I can wait another few days... And then I laugh because I don't think I can wait! Haha (and it's becoming rather maniacal!) Congrats to all the Spain ETAs!

Yay!

Seriously, this is how my last hour has gone!!

check email (no notification). refresh email just in case the notification came within the last 3 seconds (still no email). resign self to the fact that I should probably start working. resume working on IRB amendment. realize that 4 minutes have just past. think "maybe my notification came!" check email. still no notification. hit refresh. hit refresh again. still nothing. promise myself that I won't check my email for at least an hour. begin working on my prospectus. decide that 10 minutes of prospectus work is more than respectable. check this forum for 10 minutes to see who received notifications. feel anxious. begin rationalizing that 20 minutes is roughly 30% of an hour which is almost half an hour, and if I round up - that's a whole hour! check email (nothing). hit refresh (still nothing). *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh.* Start feeling angry with IIE, Fulbright, the FSB, and the Western Hemisphere as a whole. decide that this is irrational. check email. nothing. *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh.* decide that my anger is, indeed, actually rational. *refresh* *refresh* *refresh.* feel dejected.