Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

I've been lurking for the past few weeks, and I finally mustered the nerve to create an account.

I've been recommended for an ETA in Bulgaria!

me too! and i'm also from long island =)

Awesome. Thanks for the help.

finally another Turkey ETA person on here... it took forever for the finalists from the last few years to hear back. I am hoping it doesn't take that long this year but it probably will.

finally another Turkey ETA person on here... it took forever for the finalists from the last few years to hear back. I am hoping it doesn't take that long this year but it probably will.

I was noticing that too. April/May can't come soon enough. It is nice to have a place to express my anxiousness. I wish I had know about this forum when I was working on my application. I was a huge wreck for about a month.

germany eta business again, sorry..! just want to make absolute sure I don't mess something up terribly!

what's all that business on the instruction page about the Application Forms des Institute of International Education--is that going to be forwarded by them or am I responsible for sending that too? (and by that don't they mean the very Fulbright app that was submitted months ago?)

germany eta business again, sorry..! just want to make absolute sure I don't mess something up terribly!

what's all that business on the instruction page about the Application Forms des Institute of International Education--is that going to be forwarded by them or am I responsible for sending that too? (and by that don't they mean the very Fulbright app that was submitted months ago?)

I am 99.99% sure that they mean the Fulbright app we already submitted. And since our recommendation email said they were forwarding our application to the proper authorities abroad, I'm assuming that means they are sending it to the PAD.

I just replied to all the PMs recently sent to me! Sorry! I completely forgot!

But just a few things that I think everyone will want to know -

1. IF you are selected for a Fulbright, you should receive a large manila envelope from IIE. You will have three weeks from that date to make an appointment for a physical check-up, blood work, etc. Basically you need to have your doc fill out the Medical Authorization Form and so the State Dept will say you're good to go.

2. From what I know and last year's convos, Fulbright usually recommends 1.5 to 2x the number of allotted slots for full grants (not sure if this is the same for ETAs - might be). Then the commissions in each country actually decide on who gets the grants ,etc. I just emailed someone saying that the trend seems to be more allotment to the sciences/engineering for research projects (full grants). But that part is just my opinion ...

Almost there! The Fulbright experience is most def once-in-a-lifetime and will probably be the best time of your life!

Where can I find an updated version of the 2012-2013 Fulbright notification spreadsheet. Is there a place on this forum where it can be accessed without someone having to send me the link?

Edited by ecpurcell

Guess i'll introduce my project.

I want to analyze whether or not there is an ongoing relationship between spacial fragmentation and property inflation in Nanjing China. If a multivariable regression model shows a strong relationship between Y variable of "distance from center of city" and X variables of (x1) middle class income level, (x2) inflation of property prices (may throw in a third variable)...we can reasonably suspect there is an ongoing increase of gentrification of the middle class in China by inflationary rates.

I'm an undergrad IPE major. I know it's not ridiculously advanced research, but I'm doing it with intent on giving the findings to the Chinese Housing Census for their use and publishing it with a well-known professor in Nanjing.

And yes I can speak enough Chinese to carry out the project.

Edited by blackcoffee64

I've been recommended for a full research grant to the U.K., but I haven't been contacted for a phone interview, and I'm definitely starting to worry. I know that one person on this forum received an e-mail scheduling a U.K. phone interview on January 30th (for February 7th). Has anyone else heard from the committee? Or, if anyone on this forum applied to the U.K. in past years, do you happen to know if all of the interview requests go out at once, or if applicants are contacted in a staggered fashion?

Just curious what other ETA applicants suggested they would do in their free time/as side projects while they were abroad?

Hey, I actually said that I wanted to start an A cappella group at the school that I would be teaching at. Know its a unique project, but Its my extra curricular at school and I loved the idea.

you?

Hello All-I, like many here, am applying for an ETA in Germany. However, this question is applicable to all that will receive flight benefits, so please forgive me for positing my question here.

How do they pay for our plane tickets? Do they reimburse us after we've bought the tickets, do they give us a stipend, etc? I found a one way ticket to Germany for June that I would like to buy, but I don't want to get it if it will end up being a problem.

Could anyone shed some light on this? I e-mailed Ms. Doble this evening just in case but was curious if anyone knew.

Best,

Molly Rowland