Kennedy Waitlists

Hi - any updates from KSG waitlisters? They said we'd hear after April 15th. Let's keep each other posted and fingers crossed for all!

In the email I received from HKS on Mach 22, they said they would know after/around May 15th. Where did the April date come from? I understand that's when admitted students needed to accept/decline - but do we have any idea reason to think waitlist offers will be made anytime soon?

In the email I received from HKS on Mach 22, they said they would know after/around May 15th. Where did the April date come from? I understand that's when admitted students needed to accept/decline - but do we have any idea reason to think waitlist offers will be made anytime soon?

Maybe it depends on the program? Mine said 'We will have a better idea of your prospects for admission after April 15'

Maybe it depends on the program? Mine said 'We will have a better idea of your prospects for admission after April 15'

Ah - it's probably different for the MPP and MPA.

Does anyone know by which date MPA2's need to accept/decline their offer?

If you look back historically for MPPers who got off the waitlist, they were notified around the end of April. But yes HKS said after May 15. But then they had said that admission notices would go out at the end of March and I got my notice of being waitlisted mid-March. So maybe it's a gimmick to mitigate over-zealous candidates or maybe they are in fact moving faster than anticipated.

My question is are waitlisters on indefinitely until basically the first day of school? There is always the possibility of spots opening throughout the summer for whatever reason. So sure there could be a first batch at the end of this month or next but if we don't hear from them are we essentially waitlisted indefinitely?

Edited by colindc

Lol. They've been vague with me - did they tell you if folks would hear either way whether they got off or are not being considered? If they gave you a date that's good news if they are looking to waitlist!

I called and asked...

Same here... about the same timing, too!!! I cannot be Happier!! I turned down Chicago to wait for HKS and was already planning to reapply if this didn't happen this year! Will be there in the Fall, for sure!!! =) =) =)

Just got accepted into HKS for MPP off the waitlist

hi,anyone off the waitlist international student? I wonder when can we start filling up our financial form in order to speed up the I20 form process. I've already paid my deposit. emailed the admission about this and housing...but nobody reply...looking forward to your help. btw, I'm thinking peabody terrace for housing. Am I right on the point that dorm rate actually won't cause much less than apartment shared at Peabody because meals are usually mandatory for dorm applicants. I'm a chinese girl who loves cooking~~~~Like to hear your advice

• 10 months later...

notification letter stated mid-may. it seems like a few waitlisters got in late april last year, though.

i'd imagine the admissions committee holds off on any waitlist decisions until at least after the april 15th deadline for admits..

waiting waiting waiting! it's driving me a little mad :blink:

• 4 weeks later...