Its almost May! What is the time on your planet ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE!?!

Its almost MAY. I am still waiting for my admission offers from 2 universities. At times like these, one begins to doubt whether the admission committee people are really on the planet we like to call, "THE EARTH". I am sure there are many like me, whose dream universities have kept them on a waitlist or not replying to their calls/emails. This is where u can express your frustration. Vent out your anger here people!

im very bitter with one university. I've sent them some emails and I get an auto-reply saying that the program assistant is away. at this point it almost seems like a fake auto-reply (cause seriously when does an autoreply take a day to come back?) are they just avoiding us? why on earth would they not just say "we will notify you in x days/weeks OR no you are not accepted" sheesh. if it is cause they are waiting to gather funding or we’re on some kinda unofficial waitlist just indicate something along those lines.

on the plus side, a program I didn't apply to emailed me saying that my (rejected) app from another program landed in their lap and that they want me to apply (yes even this late). So I did and they said they would let me know as soon as my application is processed. I will be taking that offer... if it's made. the program is better. the guaranteed funding is better, I’ve already exchanged several emails with profs and the program chair (and over the long weekend!!!) and that kind of response is very appreciated and attractive.

I mean seriously how can one program contact me, review my application and give me a decision all before this other University whose had my app since jan?

I'm so over it.

im very bitter with one university. I've sent them some emails and I get an auto-reply saying that the program assistant is away. at this point it almost seems like a fake auto-reply (cause seriously when does an autoreply take a day to come back?) are they just avoiding us? why on earth would they not just say "we will notify you in x days/weeks OR no you are not accepted" sheesh. if it is cause they are waiting to gather funding or we’re on some kinda unofficial waitlist just indicate something along those lines.

These people are heartless asses who do not care about the emotions of people they are playing with!

on the plus side, a program I didn't apply to emailed me saying that my (rejected) app from another program landed in their lap and that they want me to apply (yes even this late). So I did and they said they would let me know as soon as my application is processed. I will be taking that offer... if it's made. the program is better. the guaranteed funding is better, I’ve already exchanged several emails with profs and the program chair (and over the long weekend!!!) and that kind of response is very appreciated and attractive.

Wow ! congrats .. that almost never happens. And with funding?! .. Amazing ..

I have already posted this in two other threads but what difference does it make!

Still nothing from my beloved univs in canada! Somebody wake them up!!!

They are so far north that probably they are having a brain freeze :D

Why are they so bad in providing information? sad.gif

It took me forever to find out I'm waitlisted, and even now I have no idea if it's ranked, or - more importantly - when will they decide.

Why can't they give a time frame? angry.gif

Why are they so bad in providing information? sad.gif

It took me forever to find out I'm waitlisted, and even now I have no idea if it's ranked, or - more importantly - when will they decide.

Why can't they give a time frame? angry.gif

For all we know, the Wait-List could just be a bowl containing names of applicants. Its like a lottery. Un-ranked, un-biased pure LUCK.

Like 'Two-face' from batman always says,"The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world is Chance. Unbiased...unprejudiced...fair."

I have been wait-listed at my #1 priority school. They have asked me to call them tonight .. Don't expect a decision today though ... I'm sure they are gonna ask me to call again next week. Its almost mundane now.

Its almost mundane now.

That's exactly how I feel. not nervous not excited - i check my emails / web status once and awhile when I'm procrastinating at work... like now.

Wow ! congrats .. that almost never happens. And with funding?! .. Amazing ..

I know, it was very unexpected. And this program gave me a date that they'll notify me by. but i'm not sitting here on the edge of my seat like before- this process has destroyed the part of my brain responsible for anticipation dry.gif

this process has destroyed the part of my brain responsible for anticipation

:lol: Haha! So true! 2nd of May and the univs won't budge. If they give me a reject now I will sue them! (Don't know how and when but that is obviously irrelevant :rolleyes: )

just got this email.

"You are currently on the waitlist if you have not been contacted by our program. Depending on the response from those that have received offers, we will move further along to offer admission to those on the waitlist. I do not have specific time lines. Hope that helps."

no, no it does not.

They have asked me to call them tonight ..

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I'm contemplating mellow.gif contacting the professor who's "responsible for the waiting list" (what does that even mean?!) and ask for a time line.

It's been two weeks since they told me I'm wait listed.

just got this email.

"You are currently on the waitlist if you have not been contacted by our program. Depending on the response from those that have received offers, we will move further along to offer admission to those on the waitlist. I do not have specific time lines. Hope that helps."

no, no it does not.

Atleast you know!!! Atleast you know it has been evaluated and not being tossed around like an undesirable object ( i have this vision for my file!!). I have absolutely no idea what they are doing and they won't receive any calls!! :angry:

they won't receive any calls!! :angry:

wow that's harsh!

ya but really hearing you're waitlisted is pretty much the same thing as not hearing at all (at least in my opinion)- i mean really it could go either way.

Edited by andiepants

wow that's harsh!

ya but really hearing you're waitlisted is pretty much the same thing as not hearing at all (at least in my opinion)- i mean really it could go either way.

The no time line thing is what blows, I mean it's basically saying "you have been placed in limbo because we can't and won't give you any information whatsoever regarding your future...hey, hope that helps." Even if they don't know for sure when they'll get back to you, some indication is better than nothing. I mean are you supposed to wait until August for a decision or is it possible you'll know in a few weeks? Sorry, I'd would be happier knowing that I MIGHT know in a few weeks. At the very least they should tell you when the deadline is for accepting/declining offers because that's when they'll start working on the waitlist, probably not before. The more I read about these waitlist horrors the more grateful I become to my top choice for giving a "by May 21st" date for our decisions.

Can you imagine, I have not had a single word from 4 univs.. I mail one of them and they reply with a long mail effectively saying we will send out decisions only when we want to. Another univ already sent me a "Do not disturb us" mail without me even asking about my application status. I am afraid to ask now.

Can you imagine, I have not had a single word from 4 univs.. I mail one of them and they reply with a long mail effectively saying we will send out decisions only when we want to. Another univ already sent me a "Do not disturb us" mail without me even asking about my application status. I am afraid to ask now.

I've been speaking with a prof whom I'm close with and she really urged me to be pushy. Unless they have told you to wait for a specific date- go above program admins and email/call the director/POI. its freakin may.

they're not going to reject you because you want to get in (and want to know/hear about it). Don't be afraid It's your future.

• 1 month later...