the wait is taking its toll

tired of waiting.....for my admit results....

it is doing strange things to me. two of them being....

1) insomnia --- sleeping is my hobby........i can get a nap anytime..and its hard to wake me up....but this waiting things doesn't allow me to sleep....i keep on thinking the same stuffs again and again....! :unsure::unsure:

2) chain smoking.---- i used to smoke just 3-4 cigs daily but even 10 is less these days just for the night......

hope i remain sane by the time the result of admissions is out...! :(:(

tired of waiting.....for my admit results....

it is doing strange things to me. two of them being....

1) insomnia --- sleeping is my hobby........i can get a nap anytime..and its hard to wake me up....but this waiting things doesn't allow me to sleep....i keep on thinking the same stuffs again and again....! :unsure::unsure:

2) chain smoking.---- i used to smoke just 3-4 cigs daily but even 10 is less these days just for the night......

hope i remain sane by the time the result of admissions is out...! :(:(

l

ditto! im in the exact same boat sigh...

hey mates...if u are still waiting for the wait to be over.....please share how r u coping up with it and what is it doing unto u ....! <_<

at least we can kill some tym by reading what other mates are doing and curse the universities for being to lethargic....! :angry:

Ha! Tried reading light novels. It isn't helping. pretty much can only do solitaire right now. well that and bite my nails. Added to my problem is that while I'm waiting to know from one school, I have another school (where I've been accepted) that's waiting for my decision. ugggghhhh! Advice?

Ha! Tried reading light novels. It isn't helping. pretty much can only do solitaire right now. well that and bite my nails. Added to my problem is that while I'm waiting to know from one school, I have another school (where I've been accepted) that's waiting for my decision. ugggghhhh! Advice?

I am in the same boat. In fact, I just wrote one place and begged for an extension, but I feel like I am in limbo! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

I am in the same boat. In fact, I just wrote one place and begged for an extension, but I feel like I am in limbo! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

I kinda told my one school that I would tell them by today.... I emailed the prof I know and have been working with for this saying that I still haven't heard anything but i dunno what to do now.... *sigh* Limbo/purgatory here. Srsly. and it sucks.

AND Another day passes by.....still no reply.....amazed to know how much can i wait for something...

I actually received a letter from the Graduate Department on April 4th stating the committee had recommended the Graduate school give me admission into the Fall 2011 class. However, I still haven't heard anything...I made a phone call a couple weeks ago, and supposedly they were still working out the financial/stipend support for everyone. I am starting to get nervous being it has been a month, and I haven't received anything else in the mail. Currently, I check my e-mail about 10 times a day, and call home from work to check if anything had arrived in the mail. I hope my letter and everything else comes very soon...ie tomorrow.

When the 15th came and went, I smoked 3 packs of cigarettes over a week after 2-years of being quitangry.gif

Still haven't heard at this point though I know it's because of other students who have been extended offers who can't make up their minds. I figure once I started smoking again (I stopped at three packsrolleyes.gif) there was nothing else I could do so I haven't been thinking about it. If I'm waiting on another student,, what's the use in freaking out?

When the 15th came and went, I smoked 3 packs of cigarettes over a week after 2-years of being quitangry.gif

Still haven't heard at this point though I know it's because of other students who have been extended offers who can't make up their minds. I figure once I started smoking again (I stopped at three packsrolleyes.gif) there was nothing else I could do so I haven't been thinking about it. If I'm waiting on another student,, what's the use in freaking out?

same here...cigs helping me also to cope up.

I can go the rest of my life without seeing these words:

Your file is complete and has been sent to the appropriate department for review.

Seriously man, sentences like these are so simple yet frustrating. They are probably written to tease us. I also have got similar responses from universities..... --- " u will be listening from us soon".......:lol:

I have applied to these Four Universities for Masters in Computer science :

1. York U

2. McMaster U

3. University of Victoria

4. SFU

Still havent heard anything form them :( ........

PS : Checking my mail 100 times /day and very anxiously waiting :(

I got e-mail from SFU that they are still reviewing my application. hah !

and Uni of Alberta told me that I will get the Final decision at Last week of this month, which will obviously a rejection as I just found out that some one with 2 conference papers+2 years of research experience + 1 year of Industrial experience got rejected from the ECE dept. of Alberta for Fall 2011!

i'm still waiting too :(

this forum makes me hopeful

that feeling of anger and frustration is lessened when u get to see that many are in it with u, and the universities torture innocent/studious students :lol::P like us every year....!

So... I just got an email from the Fin Aid office at the school I'm still waiting for requesting some more info for Financial aid... But no word yet about acceptance. Should I call the department? :-D I'm trying to contain my excitement in the possibility that I won't be accepted (again) but it's very hard...

I finally called. They said they hope to get back to me this week... as they still haven't heard from "a couple of people". I hope this is a good news that I might get off the wait list!