DS-160 Question

Hey guys, so here is my question:

I was previously an exchange student in the US on J-1 visa and after I went home, my J-1 visa was stamped "cancelled without prejudice". I am coming to the US again this fall on F-1 visa.

On the DS-160 form there is a question asks "has your us visa ever been cancelled or revoked"

Cancellation without prejudice (as in my case) should still be considered a yes for this question, right?

Wonder if anybody has the same situation. Thanks a lot.

I would think that you would say yes - is there a space to say why the visa was cancelled? I'm in this situation as well as I have had B-1 visas that were 'Cancelled without prejudice' when they expired/were replaced.

Hey guys, so here is my question:

I was previously an exchange student in the US on J-1 visa and after I went home, my J-1 visa was stamped "cancelled without prejudice". I am coming to the US again this fall on F-1 visa.

On the DS-160 form there is a question asks "has your us visa ever been cancelled or revoked"

Cancellation without prejudice (as in my case) should still be considered a yes for this question, right?

Wonder if anybody has the same situation. Thanks a lot.

Technically it was cancelled so you should say yes. But you should not worry - at the interview you will explain why it was cancelled and they won't think that you broke some rules and was ordered to leave the country or something of that kind. I myself has filled in this form not so long ago and now am waiting for the interview.

Good luck! :)

In my first J-1 visa they stamped "cancelled without prejudice" when I went for the interview for my second visa. Since that first J-1 visa I've had another J-1 (that I extended, so I had two visa stamps in my passport) and an F-1. I've never said that my first visa was cancelled, since it was cancelled because it had expired, not because I had done anything wrong. I've never been questioned about it and I've never had any problem with it. I hope that helps.