NSF GRFP 2011-2012

alexhunterlang

indeed. what's everyone applying in? i'm doing ecology, which is scary because that's a huge field and my reviewers might not be as familiar with my focus as they could be (then again, this could work both ways, e.g., my terrible ideas sounding genius to someone unfamiliar with the field)

I applied to "Law and Social Science," not realizing that historically there has only been one (!) award given out in that subject area. So really, there is so small a chance that my worrying about it is silly.

Just logged into Fastlane and pulled up the Awardee List, and the subheading underneath the search functions now reads "2012 Awardee List" instead of "2011 Awardee List," like it said this morning. I really think this is it...

Just logged into Fastlane and pulled up the Awardee List, and the subheading underneath the search functions now reads "2012 Awardee List" instead of "2011 Awardee List," like it said this morning. I really think this is it...

Hope so!

indeed. what's everyone applying in? i'm doing ecology, which is scary because that's a huge field and my reviewers might not be as familiar with my focus as they could be (then again, this could work both ways, e.g., my terrible ideas sounding genius to someone unfamiliar with the field)

I'm doing ecology as well, although I realised after submitting it that I might actually have needed to turn it in to Marine Biology, which is listed under Geosciences (for some reason), which was due a couple of days earlier... But yeah, ecology is so huge that it's hard to imagine any ecologist being instantly familiar with whatever your focus is. I only hope it goes (went) well!

Same here! Since when is marine bio not a life science?

I'm doing ecology as well, although I realised after submitting it that I might actually have needed to turn it in to Marine Biology, which is listed under Geosciences (for some reason), which was due a couple of days earlier...

Edited by eakmurphy