NSF GRFP 2011-2012

alexhunterlang

"I plan to study the estimated cost (in lost productivity, life-span reductions due to stress, etc) the NSF GRFP program causes each year by failing to disclose an official announcement date."

It would be worthwhile to specifically look at the lost return on investment for funded NSF fellows due to premature death.

I remember last year - it took me 10 to 15 minutes (of constant retrying) to pull up the results list on Fastlane once they were posted - because of the massive bombardment by applicants . . . all the while people were posting acceptances, etc. on this thread. Madness.

Here is my to-do list for the night and its result so far....

Fastlane ---> refreshing ->> nothing happens

gradcafe---->refereshing -->> lots of posts

Fastlane ---->refereshing -->> nothing happens

gradcafe---->refereshing -->> lots of posts

Fastlane ---> refreshing ->> nothing happens

When will this end?

Every time I click on a new page of this thread, another page is added on by all of the users posting!!! I love how crazy this is...reminds me of waiting for the ball to drop on New Years!

I'm almost 100% sure I'm not winning anything from NSF, but the excitement from this message board is still so palpable. Best of luck to you all!