NSF GRFP 2011-2012

alexhunterlang

so... if we were to call the grfp headquarters past 5:30 EST (the time that people go home on a typical workday) and someone were to answer, that would indicate that they were there past the normal work time. there doesn't seem much reason for a GRFP person to be at work late unless it's the "big night." overanalysis is fun

so... if we were to call the grfp headquarters past 5:30 EST (the time that people go home on a typical workday) and someone were to answer, that would indicate that they were there past the normal work time. there doesn't seem much reason for a GRFP person to be at work late unless it's the "big night." overanalysis is fun

Even if NSF hotline folks were around after business hours, I doubt they'd still be answering phone calls. :)

Anyone here waiting from math? It looks like math has not so many people applying for this.... but those who do are darn competitive....

I'm waiting for math, too. I've talked to a few people from my school that won it/got honorable mention for math the past few years. They were all extremely strong students. I'd be really surprised if I got it, comparing myself to them, but we'll see.

Lurking on this thread earlier, I had convinced myself to put off my anxiety until next week. Now I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend the night staring wide-eyed at the ceiling. It would be so much better if they gave us a hard date so we could narrow down which night of sleep we should be missing.

Does the fastlane site ever actually go down for other updates? I remember there being an update a little bit ago, but I could still load the website. What I'm getting at is to what degree the website going down at 8:00 would be indicative of them uploading the awards (someone else was hinting at this earlier too).

All this talk about the "scheduled maintenance" is getting me anxious too (unsurprisingly), so I called my dad, who's a grant proposal reviewer at NSF. He said the downtime probably isn't related to the fellowship, since it's only a small part of what they do, and relatively minor in the scope of everything going on at the NSF. However, he did also say that right around now is when applicants should be hearing back.

He's not involved in the decisions committee for the GRFP though, so take his viewpoint with a grain of salt. I'm still hoping he's wrong that that we'll all be hearing back in the next few hours.

Edited by amandarinorange

So I know last year the results came out just before midnight. Does anyone know what time they came out before? If it's past 1, I'd rather go to sleep early and wake up to them, otherwise, I'm willing to wait it out tonight.

Last year it was about 2:00AM if I remember correctly.

Great, so it looks like last year people could start scouring the sites for tidbits successfully at around 12-1am EST, even in the middle of when it was supposed to be down. Guess that means I won't be sleeping tonight...

FastLane will be unavailable from 11:00 PM ET Thursday March 29th - 5:00 AM ET Friday March 30th for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

FastLane will be unavailable from 12:01 AM to 8:00 AM ET Sunday April 1st for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Tonight = announce winners

Sunday = upload rating sheets

? :blink:

FastLane will be unavailable from 11:00 PM ET Thursday March 29th - 5:00 AM ET Friday March 30th for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

FastLane will be unavailable from 12:01 AM to 8:00 AM ET Sunday April 1st for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Tonight = announce winners

Sunday = upload rating sheets

? :blink:

LoL, that sounds logical to me. There are only a couple more hours. We'll see. If you can still log in during the maintenance period, then... wait for next week i guess :)