National Research Council's Doctoral Programs Rankings

Nicolay

Loose, baggy monsters, indeed!

This is going to spark a shitstorm of "rank these programz, plz" posts around here, and the problem is that only you can evaluate who has the best program for you. Not Newsweek, not the NRC, and decidedly not the name of the sporting league (*cough*Ivy*cough*) of which the university is a member.

le sigh

• 1 month later...

Some of us have been waiting for 3 years for these rankings to come out... I remember hoping they'd be out when I was picking MA programs. Then hoping last year they'd be out when picking PhD programs. As it stands now, the rankings were published the year my advisor received his PhD...

Some of us have been waiting for 3 years for these rankings to come out... I remember hoping they'd be out when I was picking MA programs. Then hoping last year they'd be out when picking PhD programs. As it stands now, the rankings were published the year my advisor received his PhD...

Any idea what's been slowing them down so much? I'd be interested to see if UPenn has come up in Politics as there are some pretty good up-and-coming people there now...