Asian Studies 2012

http://bbs.gter.net/bbs/thread-1298836-110-1.html Post no. 1098

Ýea, it's super early. Stanford normally notifies applicants in March. Since I don't see anything on the result board, I guess this person must be exremely outstanding. We've tried to ask if he got the admission via email and if he applied to the PhD program but he didn't reply. Hope that he will show up on the forum these few days. =]

I am also waiting on Stanford, but haven't heard a single peep out of them. If they are starting their admits now, I too would be interested to know.

I am also applying to Stanford. Sorry for making you guys freak out. Well, I am freaking out too. =p

So far there is only 1 admit in MA from EAS. She(I think she is a girl) said that Stanford sent out the postal admission in early Feb.

Yea, it is a POSTAL ADMISSION! I always thought that only EALC sends out postal admission in Feb.

I guess she must have a really strong background.

I am pretty sure Stanford will send out most of its admits in March.

Let:s just wait. 2 more weeks to go.

I know there had been some rumblings about this earlier, but has anybody heard from Columbia? (Specifically, EALC?) I haven't heard either way...

I know there had been some rumblings about this earlier, but has anybody heard from Columbia? (Specifically, EALC?) I haven't heard either way...

a friend of mine, who applied to PhD courses, got an unofficial acceptance email from the department. it was 'round 20th of last month.

and I applied to the same program, but I haven't got any news.. probably I'm out

Edited by dudoda

a friend of mine, who applied to PhD courses, got an unofficial acceptance email from the department. it was 'round 20th of last month.

and I applied to the same program, but I haven't got any news.. probably I'm out

That sucks, I guess I'm out too... Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know anything about Columbia MARSEA (Weatherhead Institute)? I see that EALAC results are out, but haven't seen any MARSEA (regional studies, east asia). Last year there weren't any posted until mid/late April. That seems far too long to wait.

hi! did harvard inform u by email? or did u email them to ask? :)

No there was no email - I got the news via phone.

It didn't sound like they notify people by email. If you are in the states, you should definitely check your mail box tomorrow!