NATO Internship

josiewebb923

Guys, has anyone had a submission change status to 'shortlisted'?

For those not shortlisted, I expect the 'completed' status to change to 'not shortlisted' when the whole process is over, like last year...

Hello everyone! I'm new here :)

I signed up to check if there's anyone out there who applied for the 2018 NATO internship program. I applied in May and still haven't heard back. I hold a Master degree form LSE in London, and multiple internship experiences with the UN in NYC (Counter Terrorism Office) and with the European Commission in Brussels (Blue Book Traineeship). I'm now interning at OSCE Mission in Kosovo (Department of Security and Public Safety), in Pristina, and I will be here for the next 6 months. NATO recruiters don't know I am in Kosovo, because at the time of the application I didn't have the internship offer yet. I have close friends interning at NATO at the moment, and they told me the recruitment process is often slow. Also, I haven't received any refusal email yet.

Anyone out there still waiting? And what are the chances I will get it?

Thanks! Cheers, Isma

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, paulojrv said:

Good. Let's see... On the timeline they say May/June, so they're on time.

My hope is to be selected for the Emerging Security Challenges Division - Counter Terrorism Section

@paulojrv Hi! I applied to NATO internships as well this year, and to that same division, among others. I interned at United Nations Counter-Terrorism Office in NYC already, hence my choice :) Did you hear back from them? Have you been shortlisted? I am currently working with OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Department of Security and Public Safety, but I'll finish in 6 months.  I haven't heard anything yet, and it's quite stressful to just sit and wait like this LOL! Thanks

On 7/1/2018 at 9:22 PM, VTheo said:

Guys, has anyone had a submission change status to 'shortlisted'?

For those not shortlisted, I expect the 'completed' status to change to 'not shortlisted' when the whole process is over, like last year...

No changes to the moment.
I hope that's not the case, even if I'm not selected. They said they would contact all the applicants.

23 hours ago, isma93 said:

@paulojrv Hi! I applied to NATO internships as well this year, and to that same division, among others. I interned at United Nations Counter-Terrorism Office in NYC already, hence my choice :) Did you hear back from them? Have you been shortlisted? I am currently working with OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Department of Security and Public Safety, but I'll finish in 6 months.  I haven't heard anything yet, and it's quite stressful to just sit and wait like this LOL! Thanks

Hello @isma93, you had really great opportunities! I havent heard anything, it just says Completed. It is frustrating to wait so long time... And I hope that at least they send an e-mail saying that we weren't selected.

Mine all say "completed" as well, but some of mine have "updated" with recent dates, such as the one I did an interview for updated after my interview, with a 6/28 date. Don't know what it means but I assume shortlisted even further, selected, or non-select. Some of my other one's have recent dates in June as well. Check yall's to see.

Good luck to all

7 hours ago, paulojrv said:

Hello @isma93, you had really great opportunities! I havent heard anything, it just says Completed. It is frustrating to wait so long time... And I hope that at least they send an e-mail saying that we weren't selected.

There is a email that was sent to me sayig I was not selected. I been rejected twice now.  I still have a dozen more to go. 

33 minutes ago, Bribritx said:

Mine all say "completed" as well, but some of mine have "updated" with recent dates, such as the one I did an interview for updated after my interview, with a 6/28 date. Don't know what it means but I assume shortlisted even further, selected, or non-select. Some of my other one's have recent dates in June as well. Check yall's to see.

Good luck to all

Some of mine changed dates as well! 3 - 4 of them have dates like 25 June, 26 June and even 1 July! I wonder what that means. I haven’t been interviewed by anyone so far though!! What is happening LOL 

Edited by isma93

9 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

There is a email that was sent to me sayig I was not selected. I been rejected twice now.  I still have a dozen more to go. 

Same email here from Cooperative Security Division - not successful. First rejection email. But I applied to so many, I just have to wait for the other ones!! So stressful 

Edited by isma93

16 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

Second email rejection in few minutes - Joint Intelligence and Security Division. Not successful. I haven’t been interviewed so far and I’m afraid all the emails I’ll get will be rejections at this point SIGH! Very disappointing, I thought I was super qualified for NATO and I was 100% sure to get at least one place. :( Life can be unexpected LOL 

51 minutes ago, Bribritx said:

Good luck to all

Hello! Some of my applications have updated dates as well. I got no interviews so far. Does it mean that they’re shortlisting me anyways when the date changes? Got rejected for 2 positions today, but I still have many with June as last modification date, so are they considering me? First time applying and this is so confusing 

I just checked this morning and I have 3 applications with very recent update dates - 1 July, 26 June and 25 June. Plus other 9 applications with dates that go from early to half June. I hope at least one of the three recent ones is still considering to interview me!! :wacko: 

13 hours ago, isma93 said:

Second email rejection in few minutes - Joint Intelligence and Security Division. Not successful. I haven’t been interviewed so far and I’m afraid all the emails I’ll get will be rejections at this point SIGH! Very disappointing, I thought I was super qualified for NATO and I was 100% sure to get at least one place. :( Life can be unexpected LOL 

I've received the same e-mail for Joint Intelligence and Security Division. That's ok.
You are never super qualified for NATO. There are thousands of applications, and the cover letter it's probably more important than the CV.

1 hour ago, isma93 said:

I just checked this morning and I have 3 applications with very recent update dates - 1 July, 26 June and 25 June. Plus other 9 applications with dates that go from early to half June. I hope at least one of the three recent ones is still considering to interview me!! :wacko: 

What I have checked is that after the email I received, my application chnage the date for 3rd July and the "withdraw" option is not available anymore. All the other submissions have the date of my application and the "withdraw" is available.

2 minutes ago, paulojrv said:

I've received the same e-mail for Joint Intelligence and Security Division. That's ok.
You are never super qualified for NATO. There are thousands of applications, and the cover letter it's probably more important than the CV.

Yes of course I'm not saying I'm the best of everyone ahaha:D But still I thought that my profile could catch their attention somehow. You never finish learning in life LOL

Same happened to me. The applications I was rejected for, don't show the witdraw option anymore. I still have many applications underway though, some of them inside the Political Affairs Division which I'm really hoping for.

Have your applications been updated as well? Do they show recent dates? It's my first time applying so I have no idea how it works. Can I also ask you what's your background, if you don't mind? So I can have an idea of the other people who are in my same boat LOL thank you!

Isma

Just received another rejection, from the Office of the Secretary General - Special Representative for Women, Peace and Security. Any of you getting emails as well in these minutes?

Edited by isma93

Application for this post jumped to the top on my job list page, shows 4 July as last update and the withdraw option disappeared.

Edited by isma93

Hello @isma93. I only received one rejection e-mail for "Joint Intelligence & Security Division - Strategy & Policy Unit". This one updated for 3rd July and "withdraw" disapeared. 
The other most recent date I have is 11 June. I believe is the date that I've submitted my application.

I have a BA in History, and a post graduation in Terrorism and Counterterrorism.

30 minutes ago, paulojrv said:

Hello @isma93. I only received one rejection e-mail for "Joint Intelligence & Security Division - Strategy & Policy Unit". This one updated for 3rd July and "withdraw" disapeared. 
The other most recent date I have is 11 June. I believe is the date that I've submitted my application.

I have a BA in History, and a post graduation in Terrorism and Counterterrorism.

Thank you :D I have 3 updated with very recent dates  - 1 July, 26 June and 25 June respectively. Other ones are stuck on 11, 9, 8 June. I wish they would be more clear about what these dates actually mean LOL! So far, the rejections I received are from applications that were stuck on update dates in May. Is it the same for you?

On 7/2/2018 at 1:59 PM, isma93 said:

I just realized that the initial recruitment process consists of two steps- screening and evaluation. Couldnt it be the case that our updated dates simply indicate the completion of the screening, after which they are then referred to the actual departments for the evalaution?

13 hours ago, isma93 said:

Just received another rejection, from the Office of the Secretary General - Special Representative for Women, Peace and Security. Any of you getting emails as well in these minutes?

Yes I also got rejected from that. 

12 hours ago, paulojrv said:

I only have a BA in Political Science. Did you graduate this year? I won't be able to apply since they would want someone who graduate recently or one year later only.