NATO Internship

josiewebb923

On 7/16/2018 at 12:40 AM, isma93 said:

Also, anyone got their applications updated in the last few days? My application to the emerging security challenges division - counter terrorism section now jumped to the top and shows 12 july as last update! Have no idea what that means

yep I have the ESCD-CT change to July 12 as lastest update. Even though I have no experience, the requirement is probably not that hard to meet like other position 

7 hours ago, isma93 said:

Hello @VTheo! The interview went pretty well I guess, there was just one guy interviewing me and he was very chill and fun. He had a set of 10 questions for me:

1) Introduce yourself and your academic and professional background

2) Why did you apply to NATO and why are you the best candidate for this internship?

3) Are you a team player? Give me a practical example

4) Do you prefer to plan your work or work under pressure? Give me examples

5) What is one of your biggest achievements during your studies or your professional career?

6) Tell me about one problem you had during studies or work, and how you solved it

7) Have you ever worked in, or on, Post-Soviet countries?

? Do you have any experience in project management and monitoring and evaluation?

9) Which skills do you birng to NATO and which skills do you want to learn from this internship?

10) What do you know in general about NATO and about our division?

As I said, nothing too technical or too scary. The guy was fun and the athmosphere relaxed. I hope I'll get it, but even in case I won't, I'll remember it as a positive interview experience.

Cheers,

Isma

Was this a phone or Skype interview? I could see these question be standard for all positions 

On 7/16/2018 at 12:33 AM, isma93 said:

I'm not very advanced in French either. I have a B1 level I guess, so I can have a conversation, write short texts, but not properly work in French. Did you ever study it?

I study briefly in Elementary school but that it. I think it be unfair to those candidates who never taken french before would have to learn basic french to get into the internship . I I don't think last year there was a requirement to know both language just one. 

Hi everyone - I got an internship at the international military staff back in September.  I'm supposed to start in 1 month, buy I still haven't gotten my clearance (!) - Has anyone ever had a delay in their clearance and know what we can do? I'm basically harassing the french delegation every other week since I need to validate my internship through my university...

12 hours ago, arrow1 said:

Was this a phone or Skype interview? I could see these question be standard for all positions 

It was through Skype, and lasted around 30 mins :) 

3 hours ago, mil25 said:

Hi everyone - I got an internship at the international military staff back in September.  I'm supposed to start in 1 month, buy I still haven't gotten my clearance (!) - Has anyone ever had a delay in their clearance and know what we can do? I'm basically harassing the french delegation every other week since I need to validate my internship through my university...

The clearance is fundamental, I don’t think you can start the internship at NATO without it :( Many people told me they went crazy to get it in time. I’m also worried about the same thing, in case I get the internship, also because I live abroad now and I’d have to harass embassies and so on I guess! 

21 hours ago, isma93 said:

It was through Skype, and lasted around 30 mins :) 

did they tell you when you will expect whether you been selected for the internship? 

On 7/21/2018 at 5:10 AM, arrow1 said:

did they tell you when you will expect whether you been selected for the internship? 

They didn’t tell me and I forgot to ask?? how stupid ahaha but this week I think I’ll know, they’re pretty late with the selection process so I think they’ll move quickly now!

1 hour ago, arrow1 said:

I hope we all will know whether or not we are shortlisted/made final selection. It seem they are a bit slow/behind in selection. 

I think by the end of July (next week) we should know for all positions. At least I hope so! It's taking too long. I expect to hear from PASP by the end of this week, though it may take longer than that. For instance, for my last place here at OSCE it took 2 weeks for them to decide after the interviews :unsure: 

2 hours ago, Dukemm said:

wow! can anyone share what's a typical day like working for NATO?

I asked to the people who interviewed me, and they told me working environment and daily life are similar to an international organization like the UN

9 hours ago, arrow1 said:

Today is the last day of July and haven't got a update in a while. I guess we get some update in early August. 

Still haven't head anything after my interview, and it's been 2 weeks. They're slooooowwwww

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, Saraieta2 said:

Hi guys

i have just phoned the internship office and they’ve told me they are late and will hope to let us know by end of September.

Wow cool that you called them! I already had the impression they're very late this year ahah :) 

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 7:40 PM, arrow1 said:

I been getting a few more rejection so I really don't expect to get through the internship this time around. 

I've received some rejections too. But I'm still waiting for the Counter Terrorism Section, which updated the date to 12th July, and the Withdraw option is still available. I may have passed the first screening, and now I'm waiting for more info...

20 hours ago, paulojrv said:

I've received some rejections too. But I'm still waiting for the Counter Terrorism Section, which updated the date to 12th July, and the Withdraw option is still available. I may have passed the first screening, and now I'm waiting for more info...

Same here! Even though the interview went well, they didn't choose me in the end for PASP.

22 hours ago, paulojrv said:

I see my application to NATO Office of Resource - Capability Implementation Branch has been last updated 6 August 2018, they're still shortlisting for a lot of positions, they're super late this year!!

Edited by isma93

20 hours ago, paulojrv said:

I still am still waiting for a response from:

NATO Office of Resource - Capability Implementation Branch (last update: 6 August)

Emerging Security Challenges Division - Counter Terrorism Section (last update: 12 July)

Political Affairs & Security Policy Division - NATO & Multilateral Affairs Section (last update: 25 June)

Political Affairs & Security Policy Division - Middle East & North Africa Section (last update: 10 June)

Political Affairs & Security Policy Division - Arms Control & Disarmament Section (last update: 10 June)

Operations Division - Euro-Atlantic Disaster Response Coordination Center (last update: 7 June)

Joint Intelligence & Security Division - Policy Oversight Branch (last update: 31 May)

Defence Investment Division - Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance, Land & Maritime Section (last update: 15 May)

Just got rejected for the internship at the Counter-Terrorism Division! It seems at least odd to me, after I interned at the UN Counter-Terrorism Centre in NYC and currently dealing with the matter in Kosovo :huh: First and last time I apply to NATO internships ahaha!! Really cannot make sense of their selection process! All the bets to the rest of the candidates:D

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2018 at 6:25 AM, isma93 said:

Just got rejected for the internship at the Counter-Terrorism Division! It seems at least odd to me, after I interned at the UN Counter-Terrorism Centre in NYC and currently dealing with the matter in Kosovo :huh: First and last time I apply to NATO internships ahaha!! Really cannot make sense of their selection process! All the bets to the rest of the candidates:D

Did you get any new email for either rejecting or moving on to the next stage. I believe all my application have been rejected so I have to try again next year..... 

• 3 months later...

I will apply :)  I noticed that last year you could send many applications (isma93's post in this page mentions at least 8), but I just read that this year you can apply to 5 positions max. Is that correct?

Edited by tommaso