NATO Internship

josiewebb923

7 hours ago, megynkelly said:

Did you guys get an update on May 26? 

I didn't for the division I applied to no. As for your application that hasn't been updated yet I guess they just haven''t processed them yet? 

3 hours ago, gentvenus said:

Nice. As a Non-EU resident, I am wondering if €1070/month is enough to sustain life in Brussels

As a Belgian citizen I can confirm that 1070euros a month in Brussels in definitely doable if you live in a shared-flat and are not a big spender ?

Hey! Have any of you heard anything yet? 

Currently, I have two that have been updated twice, two that have been updated once and one that hasn't been updated at all... I really want to understand what all the different updates mean 

Edited by Hattie38

On 5/28/2020 at 3:14 PM, Hattie38 said:

Hey! Have any of you heard anything yet? 

Currently, I have two that have been updated twice, two that have been updated once and one that hasn't been updated at all... I really want to understand what all the different updates mean 

Hello! Still haven't heard anything yet. But I'm also not sure what the updates mean or if it;s going to say on the portal that we were shortlisted like previous years

2 hours ago, megynkelly said:

Hello! Still haven't heard anything yet. But I'm also not sure what the updates mean or if it;s going to say on the portal that we were shortlisted like previous years

Hi! I don't think the updates mean anything, the first one is normally following the "pre-scanning" and the second one probably indicates that your application was opened/read. If you are shortlisted it will be indicated on your page! 

On 5/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, pumpkinpuree said:

I didn't for the division I applied to no. As for your application that hasn't been updated yet I guess they just haven''t processed them yet? 

As a Belgian citizen I can confirm that 1070euros a month in Brussels in definitely doable if you live in a shared-flat and are not a big spender ?

Thanks pumpkin!

1 hour ago, KH93 said:

I also received an interview request today, from the Operations Division - Defense Institution and Capacity Bulding Directorate.

PASP (one of the sections I applied to within the division) for me. The application does not say shortlisted, it just says updated today.

On 6/4/2020 at 4:47 AM, pumpkinpuree said:

Congrats and good luck with the interviews!

My application hasn't been updated for almost a month now so hopefully there will be positive change soon ?

Good luck! Keep us updated :)

On 6/3/2020 at 12:44 PM, megynkelly said:

Nice job! Can I ask if your application says shortlisted or just updated? 

They all say updated. The process this year seems to be a bit different, where those that make it through the round of written applications are invited to a video interview through HireVue. I haven't heard back since then but I am guessing that the next round will be Skype interviews with an actual person (whereas the past years, it seems like people were invited to do Skype interviews right away without a step in between)...

25 minutes ago, KH93 said:

They all say updated. The process this year seems to be a bit different, where those that make it through the round of written applications are invited to a video interview through HireVue. I haven't heard back since then but I am guessing that the next round will be Skype interviews with an actual person (whereas the past years, it seems like people were invited to do Skype interviews right away without a step in between)...

Just to add, it seems like every division is running the show differently. I just got a Skype invitation rather than HireVue. But yikes, I've done writing assessments through HireVue, and interviews through both Hirevue and Skype just seems a bit evil to me. Let us know how it goes though, I'm super curious.

Edited by Dunenkova

1 hour ago, Dunenkova said:

Just to add, it seems like every division is running the show differently. I just got a Skype invitation rather than HireVue. But yikes, I've done writing assessments through HireVue, and interviews through both Hirevue and Skype just seems a bit evil to me. Let us know how it goes though, I'm super curious.

Can I ask when your latest update was for the divisions you got an interview for? 

4 hours ago, Dunenkova said:

Interesting, thanks for the insight! I did the interview yesterday and it was an interesting experience (the first time I had an interview through this platform). It was only 3 questions and I had 3 minutes to answer each question. A friend of mine also had a HireVue interview (different division) and got two minutes per question to answer two questions. I think I would have definitely preferred a Skype interview, I felt so awkward just talking to the camera...

Did you do your Skype interview? How did it go?

16 hours ago, KH93 said:

Interesting, thanks for the insight! I did the interview yesterday and it was an interesting experience (the first time I had an interview through this platform). It was only 3 questions and I had 3 minutes to answer each question. A friend of mine also had a HireVue interview (different division) and got two minutes per question to answer two questions. I think I would have definitely preferred a Skype interview, I felt so awkward just talking to the camera...

Did you do your Skype interview? How did it go?

I love how you describe it:

"It was an interesting experience." 

I'm dying lol

My Skype interview is early next week so I'll update when I get there. What did they ask? Were they generic questions?