NATO Internship

josiewebb923

Well you go to your application and click on it and you will see a message...someone has said that he/she spoke three languages and had not been shortlisted, so i speak 5 have a PhD and this is the message:

"With reference to your application for an internship at NATO, I regret to have to inform you that your application has not been shortlisted by the hiring officials.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in the NATO Internship Programme.

Your sincerely,

NATO Internship Programme Office"

So to resume the internship thing....if you do not have contacts/relations ...you will not get shortlisted.

• 8 months later...

Hey guys,

Who's in for the 2014 session ?

I apply and i've already been shortlisted even if I don't have any relation, so it's possible... I'm waiting for September for the others applications.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have received "application selected''  text NATO internship for September 2013, i would like to contact with other candidate for discuss to procedure .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I too applied on April 2013 for the Internship that starts on March 2014. So far my status to all the sub-divisions I applied to is "Application Submitted".

Has anyone that applied in the same period had any ..news?? Shortlisted or Selected?

Also, if anyone has already started the program can he/she share his/her experience so far with us?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was shortlisted in middle of July. Division: Executive Management - Headquarters Support, Section: Translation Service. (Domain: Linguistic Services; Sub-domain: Translation).

But I didnt choose this division, it was added automaticly after I made application in Security divison, and I have only "application submitted" in this division :(

Hey everyone,

I was shortlisted as well for the Energy Security Division. However,  I received those news in June and I´ve had no news since then. I think there is not much hope for those who have not been shortlisted so far, and those wo are on the list, we just need to wait a bit more... Would be great to hear from someone who got the intership. Anyone there? Good luck everyone!

Sasuliatko, 

congratulations on being shortlisted! Could you please tell us whether you are applying for a Nato-funded or externally-funded internship? Also, did you apply for a start date in spring or in fall of 2014? Have you heard back from all divisions or only from Energy Security?

Hi everyone! I've been shortlisted in the Division: Executive Management - Headquarters Support, Section: Translation Service. (Domain: Linguistic Services; Sub-domain: Translation), but the other application I submitted has been rejected. But it's already the 29th but we didn't get any news, this waiting is really killing me! 

Which background do you have? does anyone have only a bachlor degree?

Edited by Erica91

And then on my page where there are all the information about the application there were two buttons: provide feedback and withdraw application. Did we have to provide feedback?? Because I didn't, but now that button is not there anymore :(

Erica91,

i received an email alerting me about the change of status of my application (shortlisted) and asking me to provide feedback (to confirm to application or to withdraw it):

Your application has progressed. Please Login to check your status and give us feedback within a week. Failure to give timely feedback may disqualify your application from this selection process.

I went to my NATO account and confirmed the application. I do not want to break the bad news for you, but I think you needed to confirm your application a while ago. try to contact someone from the HR department and explain your situtation.. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone !

I have applied for a NATO funded internship (beginning in September 2014) and my status is "shortlisted" in two different divisions since June 2013. Am I the only one in such a case? I am starting to lose hope and to think that no news means bad news... when do you think they will give us a final answer?

Hi Noril,

No, you are not the only one. I applied for a NATO funded internship and I have been shortlisted in one division since June. I am also beginning to lose hope. However I do hope that they will at least notify us and not simply forget about us. Please let us know if you hear anything.

FYI, as I have to choose between several internships, I sent them an email in order to know whether the process was still running and they answered:

"Thank you for your email. Our selection process is currently underway.

Please note that the timelines on our website indicates the following:
Final Selection --> Selected candidates: Notification to candidates in October 2013.
                        --> Non-selected candidates: Notification to candidates in October 2013."

Maybe several divisions are late in the selection process compared to others?

Congrats Acidken! Btw what's happening when you get selected: do you have an interview?

And yes Erica, I did provide feedback when they asked me to.

Edited by Noril