NATO Internship

josiewebb923

From what I read in the earlier feedbacks, when you are not selected you are automatically on the reserve list... I think there is not much hope for us :(

I will wait for the other division's results!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody ! Nice to meet you

I was reading this thread but didn't find anything regarding interviews. Doeas anyone of you know how it will be?

BTW If you are shortlisted then they contact you directly using the email address you provided.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have been following this thread for awhile. I am still hopeful more notificiations will come out, but I have yet to have any status besides "Application Submitted"

:/ has anyone recieved a different status just in September (excluding early notifications?)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Been Shortlisted for 2 positions since june, got an email yesterday that i have been placed on "priority reserve list". So I replied and asked what does that mean, does it apply to both positions? Got answer that as soon as my clearance is Ok-ed, I will be notified and offered a slot at HQ, and placed at one of the positions that I have applied to, not necessarily any of the two I have been shortlisted for.

So actually it seams that reserved means you will be interning with them, or is that NOT the experience that the people in previous years had when they where reserve listed, and they are pulling wool over my eyes? :/ 

Hi, 

I have the same questions. 

I was also shortlisted for several departments and received a mail stating 'congratulations, you're on the priority reserve list!'. 

it further explains that candidates on this list wil be offered a placement should the need arise based on business requirements....

That doesn't sound too good...

Does this mean i'm on the reserve list for all positions ? Do you think there is still a chance I will get the internship... ? 

One more unrelated question: If you get a position as an intern at NATO, what is the oulook for getting a job there afterwards ? 

thanks

Hi Ieos!

I'm in the same situation as you are. And I got the same replies when asked for more clarifications.

You know what? I'll do all 12653413541 documents they ask and then I'll do my life as always. I am disappointed. In my opinion there's a difference between selected and reserve list. But they make you believe you still have the oppurtunity to inter. I don't know, I'm disappointed.

I'm confused too, if I am getting the internship after I get my clearance, then why didn't they just select(ed) me. But you know what I'm gonna hold them to their word, because if they said I'm gonna get a slot, then they freaking' better give me a slot. I know what you mean, you know the internship is only in March '15, if they aren't really gonna offer me a slot, then I would peruse other career opportunities, not waste 5 months of my life waiting for something that's not gonna happen. This situation is annoying...

Hi, 

I have the same questions. 

I was also shortlisted for several departments and received a mail stating 'congratulations, you're on the priority reserve list!'. 

it further explains that candidates on this list wil be offered a placement should the need arise based on business requirements....

That doesn't sound too good...

Does this mean i'm on the reserve list for all positions ? Do you think there is still a chance I will get the internship... ? 

One more unrelated question: If you get a position as an intern at NATO, what is the oulook for getting a job there afterwards ? 

thanks

Hi reinax, got the same email, but if you ask them for clarification, they tell you a different thing entirely; that you will get the internship as soon as you security clearance is Ok-ed, to any of the positions that you applied for, or at least that's what they told blabla946 and me.

Regrading a job offer afterwards, no idea really, but judging from my previous experience in internationals, depends on your performance, department where you will be posted and ultimately luck.

Edited by leos

I wish some of the people form previous years would share their experience, if they are still active on the forum. Did you get to intern, if you have been placed on reserve list in previous years?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello could anyone tell me how they wrote their cover letter, for every division how did you get the relevant information (where in the site of NATO for example)?

I'm new here so I would really appreciate some help, thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys! I am also shortlisted for one of the divisions! It came as a surprise because I don't have any amazing achievements or extensive professional experience. We'll see what happens next though...

Hey guys! I am also shortlisted for one of the divisions! It came as a surprise because I don't have any amazing achievements or extensive professional experience. We'll see what happens next though...

Hello! Congratulations and good luck  :) Which is your division?