Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

Wow, I had a lot of catching up to do!

My fiance and I drove up to Davis this weekend (we're in Southern California) on our own, just to check out the area, and we got to visit the school a bit too. I am going up again next weekend for the official visit.

Congrats on all of the good news... Twist of Fate, sandyvb, crazedandinfused, and everyone else. :)

Hey guys,

I know there's a few people on here who applied to Oxford. Apparently we should hear next week.

According to a posted on one of the British forums who called them, all decisions have been made, and they just need the Director of Graduate Studies or someone similar to sign off on them.

In completely unrelated news, I'm suddenly worried again.

I didn't apply for the history MA, but to another MA program, and I was told mid-last week that I would hear "in a few days." Last year I was notified via email, then by post. Anxious to hear back so I can make a decision!

Good luck, lureynol (and anyone else...)!

well my crazy grad cafe family I am going to the "happiest place on earth" today and expect to be away from all you guys. Llama don't go too crazy with worry today b/c I won't be able to enjoy your caustic wit that accompanies those episodes. I keed I keed. Nordicllama > Chuck Norris > Everyone else*. Alrighty gang be good!

*CLEARLY Strangelight isn't factored in of course otherwise it would have read too long

Congrats to everyone who has received good news! I'm en route to what will (hopefully) be my last visit. Looking forward to being finished with this process, as I suspect most of us are.

PS: Have fun, Oseirus!

Hi guys, I have been accepted to the PhD program at SUNY Binghamton. Funding decisions will come out on 8 March. I am so nervous right now!!! Really really hope this will work out.

Hi guys, I have been accepted to the PhD program at SUNY Binghamton. Funding decisions will come out on 8 March. I am so nervous right now!!! Really really hope this will work out.

Did they say they would email people about the funding decisions? One post recently said "letters would be out" and I don't want to wait for a letter!

Congrats to all the acceptances throughout the day. I couldn't stay away ... BTW if I disappear off of here for a few days, it is quite possible I am in disney jail ... one of these little kids is gonna realize that this is really the unhappiest place on earth if they don't keep acting a fool

Congrats to all the acceptances throughout the day. I couldn't stay away ... BTW if I disappear off of here for a few days, it is quite possible I am in disney jail ... one of these little kids is gonna realize that this is really the unhappiest place on earth if they don't keep acting a fool

My status on the Temple website just changed to "University Acceptance." Wahooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Big congrats! I live in Philly right now and its a great city.

In other news, does anyone know what to expect from NYU this month? Do you think acceptances/waitlists have all gone out?

Welcome back, Oseirus! It appears not much. I was at work all day. How was the happiest place on earth? Did you get a picture with that large-eared scary thing that's supposed to be a mouse?

The Rat of Lake Buena Vista was present and/or accounted for ... for everyone who has ever had the temerity to compare Disney to Las Vegas, please walk into oncoming traffic ... Las Vegas makes no bones about trying to make you part w/your money ... there are no sugary smiles and you get a buzz ... the vacuous looks on the faces of the "cast members"* truly told me that these lost souls have been programmed to get my money AND make me feel good about parting w/said loot ... at least Vegas has the decency to not force me to broadcast to everyone where I've been .... if you want to see the face of the devil , come to the Magic Kingdom, he has a statue and he is holding the hands of his former most faithful servant ... so how was YOUR day?

* like any true cult, Disney has fancy names for all it's followers (or in this case employees)

oserius, I think that I wanted to kill you today for not being around to entertain me while I revise my article (and do more research arrgghhh).

Congrats goldie!

The Rat of Lake Buena Vista was present and/or accounted for ... for everyone who has ever had the temerity to compare Disney to Las Vegas, please walk into oncoming traffic ... Las Vegas makes no bones about trying to make you part w/your money ... there are no sugary smiles and you get a buzz ... the vacuous looks on the faces of the "cast members"* truly told me that these lost souls have been programmed to get my money AND make me feel good about parting w/said loot ... at least Vegas has the decency to not force me to broadcast to everyone where I've been .... if you want to see the face of the devil , come to the Magic Kingdom, he has a statue and he is holding the hands of his former most faithful servant ... so how was YOUR day?

* like any true cult, Disney has fancy names for all it's followers (or in this case employees)

Wow that sounds terrifying. I'm glad I staid safely sheltered at work and in the library all day- wait, no that's not right. I wish I had been out doing combat with the devil mouse too! Sigh.