Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

Hogwarts!? Really!? Gee, Oseirus, you're the best! I've been practicing my Quidditch.

Well I'm still on Durmstrang but Beauxbaton is a great consolation prize b/c let's just say that the ladies who go there are .... magical .... ;-)

Anyone want to claim the UW acceptance? I think I might have to throw in the towel after all. I give up. What a shitty day. :angry:

Hi all,

I'll claim the UW acceptance. It came in the mail today. I'm not home and was only relayed the news via phone, so I have no idea when the letter was dated. If I remember correctly, I was told the letter said something like 240+ applicants for 15 spots. Once I review the letter I'll post any pertinent info. BTW, for mail concerns, I'm on the West Coast.

Sorry to all receiving bad news today. I'm channeling positive energy for everyone to receive good news in the next few days/weeks

Oh dear - looks like it was a brutal day here with both Harvard and Columbia rejections coming in! Sorry to hear about everyone who got disappointing news.

I haven't received the Harvard rejection yet - I'm guessing it would take longer for mail to arrive at non-US addresses, so maybe it'll come in later this week. But, surprisingly, I'm totally okay with it. Didn't think I would be.

Long time lurker, but my Northeastern University-induced insanity has forced me out of the shadows. ;)

So, anybody want to claim the Northeastern MA acceptance?

Hi guys, congratulations to those who received good news today!

@Glitzkrieg it is me. I was accepted at Northeastern today, into their MA program in American History. I received an email directing me to the online application on applyyourself. This is not my first choice because my main interest and background are not American History.

Edited by alleykat

Hi all,

I'll claim the UW acceptance. It came in the mail today. I'm not home and was only relayed the news via phone, so I have no idea when the letter was dated. If I remember correctly, I was told the letter said something like 240+ applicants for 15 spots. Once I review the letter I'll post any pertinent info. BTW, for mail concerns, I'm on the West Coast.

Sorry to all receiving bad news today. I'm channeling positive energy for everyone to receive good news in the next few days/weeks

Congrats Gene!

Hi all,

Gene, did you receive any news of this by e-mail first or was it just an acceptance letter and no word otherwise? PM me if you'd rather discuss it there. :) Thanks!

Gene, did you receive any news of this by e-mail first or was it just an acceptance letter and no word otherwise? PM me if you'd rather discuss it there. :) Thanks!

I received only the letter via snail mail. Although I should say I've been out of town for a few days and was only notified today (when I wasn't home) that there was mail waiting for me. Again, I haven't read the letter so I don't know when it was dated.

I can say that I emailed the program assistant last Monday (Feb. 20) asking about when decisions were planned to go out. The Prog Assistant replied back then that "notifications" would go out later in the week to next week (so now). When they replied with that, rejections had already begun going out. I wasn't notified of any status and I didn't speak with any prof or grad advisor.

So keep an eye out in your mailboxes! Like I said, when I look at my mail finally I'll share any details that might shine light on what they're doing