Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

No waitlists or acceptances yet - they haven't made their decisions yet. The "long short list" stuff is, I think, the pool of consideration. But I don't think you're out if you haven't been contacted by them. As with the rest of this cycle, it seems there will be waiting and confusion involved :)

Thank you. A bit of a reach for me I think, but you never know...I'm guessing Brown is probably out for you given the other schools you were admitted too, so maybe there is hope yet!

I don't get what the fun is in posting fake results on the results survey. It doesn't even make the competition screw up their application, since the applications were completed long ago. Does anyone understand this? Maybe this is a question we should ask in the psychology forum :)

I don't get what the fun is in posting fake results on the results survey. It doesn't even make the competition screw up their application, since the applications were completed long ago. Does anyone understand this? Maybe this is a question we should ask in the psychology forum :)

It's an assertion of power by the otherwise powerless.

Umm, a huge percentage of humanity are assholes? Some people think it's funny when other people feel bad? Some people enjoy watching the suffering, anxiety and stress of others for their own entertainment? Maybe I'm too pessimistic. I have been literally manually inputting casualty numbers from ethnic cleansing using a database that is in google earth and contains detailed pictures so...I don't have a TON of faith in people today, to be fair, but I really can think of nothing else to explain it. Some people are just mean and enjoy the pain and stress and anxiety of other people.

Umm, a huge percentage of humanity are assholes? Some people think it's funny when other people feel bad? Some people enjoy watching the suffering, anxiety and stress of others for their own entertainment? Maybe I'm too pessimistic. I have been literally manually inputting casualty numbers from ethnic cleansing using a database that is in google earth and contains detailed pictures so...I don't have a TON of faith in people today, to be fair, but I really can think of nothing else to explain it. Some people are just mean and enjoy the pain and stress and anxiety of other people.

I think you've got it. This effect is magnified by anonymity - think Milgram experiment.

TITCR

I contacted Harvard GSAS and it is their policy "to inform applicants of admission decisions by letter only.

We expect all decision letters to be mailed by mid-March"... So don't try to contact them regarding your AD

Thank you for asking and sharing this information!!!

Though......Mid...... March......Wow they surely take their time.

I contacted Harvard GSAS and it is their policy "to inform applicants of admission decisions by letter only.

We expect all decision letters to be mailed by mid-March"... So don't try to contact them regarding your AD

I think the one in charge should be Thom Wall in the government department, it's not surprising that the GSAS can't give you details since they themselves may well have no idea too

...More Princeton's showing up in the survery....

Until someone actually claims something from Princeton (Acceptances, Rejections, or otherwise), I'm not trusting it XD

Edited by Snow Fox

Congrats! I guess I can not haz Princeton. C'est la vie.

Congrats guys!

@Balderdash - no worries, lots of us can not haz Princeton. Solidarity!

This concludes the 2012 cycle for me. I'm truly lucky to have to decide between Rochester and UW-Madison now. I sincerely wish all of you the best if you're still waiting for more decisions. Of course I'll still be hanging around :)

This concludes the 2012 cycle for me. I'm truly lucky to have to decide between Rochester and UW-Madison now. I sincerely wish all of you the best if you're still waiting for more decisions. Of course I'll still be hanging around :)

Yeah, it's a quality problem that we both have.

Edited by balderdash