Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

I assume I am rejected as well, since these all went out at once, but when I click my decision it's just an empty box that comes up....Maybe they hated my application so much they couldn't even stand to send me a letter. You don't DESERVE Yale letterhead Megan!

I assume I am rejected as well, since these all went out at once, but when I click my decision it's just an empty box that comes up....Maybe they hated my application so much they couldn't even stand to send me a letter. You don't DESERVE Yale letterhead Megan!

That's what happened to me. Not awesome.

Edit: There it is, as expected.

Edited by balderdash

Aaaand there's my (expected) Yale rejection. While it's certainly depressing I didn't make it, I know it's also hyper-competitive to get into, so definite congrats to those who did!

I still have five applications waiting in the wings, so while I might be currently shot down from four, at least I can tell myself it's not yet a majority XD

Rejected from Yale and UPenn. 0/3 now. *sadness*

Anyone else not hear anything from Princeton? I didn't get the multi-fonted rejection letter like other people. I assume I am rejected, but I have received nothing.

I'm still holding out hope for Berkeley. :)

If Berkeley comes through today, it would be one of the biggest emotion swings of my life. From Ben and Jerry's alone on my couch to bottles and models.

Just removed a star from Yale in my signature! I'm enjoying the feeling of closure.

Also, balledematch, I was under the impression that GT funded a fair number of their stronger applicants. I think you have a real shot there (in addition to Berkeley).

Just removed a star from Yale in my signature! I'm enjoying the feeling of closure.

Also, balledematch, I was under the impression that GT funded a fair number of their stronger applicants. I think you have a real shot there (in addition to Berkeley).

Thanks, RWBG. I'm just thankful that I have the option of going to LSE for a year. Hopefully, something else comes through, but there is always next year, and Ive already been thinking of a million tweaks to my application. Such a crazy experience.

Dear Berkeley,

Please stop torturing innocent doctoral program applicants.

Sincerely,

-Me

Also, Doorkeeper - Berkeley is totally up in the air. All decisions will be out by next Wednesday. Columbia has apparently sent out all acceptances and waitlists. Chicago has sent out all admissions and waitlists. According to earlier posts, if you haven't heard from them yet you will probably be getting a rejection soon. No idea how long it will take Columbia - I think they're sifting through the pile of rejections to figure out who to pass along to the MA program for consideration. Chicago I think will send out rejections around the first of March (based on last year's results). Harvard - can't help you there, I'm not in the loop. Good luck with Berkeley!!!

Dear Berkeley,

Please stop torturing innocent doctoral program applicants.

Sincerely,

-Me

Also, Doorkeeper - Berkeley is totally up in the air. All decisions will be out by next Wednesday. Columbia has apparently sent out all acceptances and waitlists. Chicago has sent out all admissions and waitlists. According to earlier posts, if you haven't heard from them yet you will probably be getting a rejection soon. No idea how long it will take Columbia - I think they're sifting through the pile of rejections to figure out who to pass along to the MA program for consideration. Chicago I think will send out rejections around the first of March (based on last year's results). Harvard - can't help you there, I'm not in the loop. Good luck with Berkeley!!!

Thank you very much for the summary! Looks like I took quite a beating then over the past few days.

Edited by Doorkeeper