Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

I did not apply to Pitt, but a woman in my Master's program found out today that she was admitted to Pitt with full funding. I am not sure if all the decisions went out today though. I hope that is helpful!

thanks for the info

^ Hang in there; this ain't over yet.

It ain't over 'til it's over! And we don't need no stinking badges!

What are some other ones to throw in...uh...

Of course I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley.

You. Shall not. PASS!

All right, I'm done. Sometimes just being ridiculous is, I think, the best course of action.

Am I looking in the wrong place when searching the status of my application? I am seeing Status: Submitted on many of them (more specifically, on the ApplyYourself apps). Is there another place to look?

Thanks!

Yep, I have the same question. For Duke, where we should check our status or just ApplyYourself. They emailed me an Identification Number, but I don't know whether I need it to check status? Thank you~~

I can't speak to the Duke application, but in past years a new button is added once the decision becomes available. Also, as per Northwestern (their emphasis):

Once an admission decision has been rendered on your application, a "View Decision" link will appear below. If no "View Decision" link is listed on this page, an admission decision has not yet been rendered on your application.

Why are you so pessimistic? You're in at some fantastic schools.

Well, we all want the maximum number of options. If Duke and Vanderbilt are "no", that makes me think Wisconsin was more a fluke. In that case, the other top-15 programs I applied to look more like "probable no" today than they did a couple days ago. Can't win them all -- we all recognize that. Still doesn't stop the rejections from stinging.

Got a notification saying someone googled my name and school at 5:10 AM PST. This is making me neurotic.

How do I do that for myself? I checked out Google Alerts, but it doesn't seem to have an option of notifying me whenever someone searches for a certain term.

Well, we all want the maximum number of options. If Duke and Vanderbilt are "no", that makes me think Wisconsin was more a fluke. In that case, the other top-15 programs I applied to look more like "probable no" today than they did a couple days ago. Can't win them all -- we all recognize that. Still doesn't stop the rejections from stinging.

As someone who has applied to schools that haven't notified yet, I would be feeling infinitely better if I had one acceptance, even if it was a "fluke." I'm jealous of you, brent09....enjoy your acceptance at a wonderful school, and I'm sure more will follow!

How do I do that for myself? I checked out Google Alerts, but it doesn't seem to have an option of notifying me whenever someone searches for a certain term.

Make an account at academia.edu, they will tell you how people find your profile.

A. You'd have to spend 5+ years at Duke; yikes!

B. Big Ten basketball is far better than the ACC or the SEC.

C. See (A)

D. Be grateful that it's Feb 1 and you are in at a great school. Plus Madison is by far the superior town!

C. See (A)

D. Be grateful that it's Feb 1 and you are in at a great school. Plus Madison is by far the superior town!

haha Thanks. It's easy to get caught up in the anxiety that you overlook how lucky you are. </funk>

C. See (A)

i grew up a big 10 fan, but point B is just ridiculous. big 10 basketball is such a slow and brutal grind to watch. points A and C are both very big ones. no one wants to root for duke basketball

i grew up a big 10 fan, but point B is just ridiculous. big 10 basketball is such a slow and brutal grind to watch. points A and C are both very big ones. no one wants to root for duke basketball

Technically, inclined to agree, seeing as I grew up rooting for (the single best) SEC team in history. (Best basketball program in history, really...)

Alabama football (Roll Tide) > all other SEC football programs > any other division and any other sport

This can be expected from you CafeAuLait, and unfortunately, I don't have a good reply. But seriously, where's the commitment to your home state?