Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

Go to "submit results" and type -> "Mass" it is the first option that you can choose

Haven't had the luxury of having any results coming in, so didn't realize that that's how it works. Thanks. Still funny though that people can't be bothered to select an appropriate spelling.

Haven't had the luxury of having any results coming in, so didn't realize that that's how it works. Thanks. Still funny though that people can't be bothered to select an appropriate spelling.

This may explain why they were rejected. Just kidding. I guess if you were rejected by one of your dream schools you do not care much about spelling. I really hope that everyone will get a spot at a great university. There are so many great people on grad cafe who deserve to be at an amazing university with other bright students and excellent faculty. I keep my fingers crossed for all of you guys.

Kolja00: Stanford, Berkeley, Ohio State, the rest of Duke, Rochester, Chicago, and San Diego. 6/7

Brent09: MIT and Vandy. 2/2.

RWBG: Will: Stanford, Rochester, Berkeley, Northwestern, NYU, UCSD. 6/6

Won't: Chicago, MIT, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia. 3/6

Whirlibird: Stanford, Berkeley, UNC, UCSD. 4/4

Sweet! You've got first place this week, Rdubs (can I call you Rdubs?), and I get to play the jolly second place fiddle. :) This game is way more fun than this actual decision content stuff. Heh heh.

Hey everyone, long time lurker but first time posting. I saw that there were three Johns Hopkins acceptances on the result survey and I was wondering if anyone would claim them. I have applied to Johns Hopkins as well and am interested on receiving my results from there as they are my number one. Also, was it a generic email from the DGS or from their POI.

Well I emailed OSU just a hour ago to see what my status is, I also emailed Pitt.

well please let us know if there is still a glimpse of hope sir grantman

Someone seems to be so upset that he/she keeps reposting the rejection. Unless a bunch of people have collectively decided to change the spelling to "Massaachusett".

loved this one

Well I emailed OSU just a hour ago to see what my status is, I also emailed Pitt. I sense both are rejections from my standpoint, Pitt one is really hard pill to swallow since it was my top choice.

I would also like to know what your response to the Ohio State email ends up being. Thanks!

@bauhaus

You may become the ultimate waitlister. :) I hope not. MIT sends out Fedex mails, which I assume (if they do the same for international students) could arrive to another continent slower.

Edited by kalapocska

well please let us know if there is still a glimpse of hope sir grantman

I would also like to know what your response to the Ohio State email ends up being. Thanks!

I will let you all know what the response is. For some reason, they maybe still in deliberations. I do not recall when the first acceptances started to appear, but it seems like it should not take this long to let us all know that we have been rejected so there maybe some hope for all of us.

On a second note, Balthasar if I was a true "Sir" I think I wound not be having all this trouble getting into a graduate school to begin with, but I still appreciate the sentiment.

Hey guys, I'm a new user on these forums, but I've been lurking from time to time. What are these surveys you're talking about? Who puts them out- are you making them yourselves based on what people are saying on the forums?

I saw that a couple of people were inquiring about Northwestern. I can claim one of the NU acceptances. Congrats to the others who got in! My major subfield is actually IR while my minor subfield is theory.

Hey guys, I'm a new user on these forums, but I've been lurking from time to time. What are these surveys you're talking about? Who puts them out- are you making them yourselves based on what people are saying on the forums?

There is a link to the results survey on top of the page. It basically just gives others the ability to know when to expect decisions, admit stats, and what not. If you haven't taken a look go see what it is about, Just remember it does cause people to stress even more.

Thanks. Yeah, I definitely had a more stoic attitude to the process before I started going through all these posts a few days ago.

i actually blocked grad cafe on my computer for a few days this week until i got my first offer. but now i'm back, though i'm not really sure to anyone's benefit

I saw that a couple of people were inquiring about Northwestern. I can claim one of the NU acceptances. Congrats to the others who got in! My major subfield is actually IR while my minor subfield is theory.

Hey Apill, I was wondering which day you got your Northwestern acceptance? Was it Feb 9 or 6?

cheers and congrats!

Is anyone else confused about Berkeley? Only two reports on the survey, plus on or two others on the board it seems. And then someone reporting that they will release their decisions only at the end of the month. Really not sure what to make of all of this.

Is anyone else confused about Berkeley? Only two reports on the survey, plus on or two others on the board it seems. And then someone reporting that they will release their decisions only at the end of the month. Really not sure what to make of all of this.

I was the one who got an email that we would have decisions by the end of the month (rather than only at the end of the month), when I sent in an update to my application. That doesn't mean others haven't already heard or that they weren't giving them out anytime before then...it was just a final deadline for finding out. Unfortunately I cannot be of any more help--I'm not sure what to make of the couple of posted acceptances, either. I feel like if they had given out all of their acceptances there would have been a lot more on the results survey by now.

I'm just confused about every school, to be honest! No one seems to be holding their previous patterns.