PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...actually, I'm waiting on pretty much everyone. This sucks :)

Well i called on Thursday to see if it was to late to submit an updated resume and the graduate director said "honestly yes.. because the committee is meeting for the last time on Friday" (yesterday)...

Well i called on Thursday to see if it was to late to submit an updated resume and the graduate director said "honestly yes.. because the committee is meeting for the last time on Friday" (yesterday)...

Thanks, BigCheese. Finally, some actually useful info regarding Georgetown. I'll cross my fingers for both of us. :D

Hey guys for all who are like me and waiting in Limbo. I spoke with my sister today she must be the luckiest person I know this world and when I told her about my dilema she said "there is a school for you out there, you just don't know it yet"I could hear her smile and I just felt all mosshy inside, it is nice to know others have faith in us even though reality says "we regret to inform you.....

We can just HOPE right???

As much as I try to be an optimist, I'd like to share last night's dream with you all. I had a dream that I didn't get into any Ph.D. programs so I had to find a job. I ended up working as a bus driver at Universal Studios in Orlando. Why is Universal Studios significant? It's significant because I wasn't even good enough to be a bus driver in Disney World, that's why! This whole process is clearly having quite an impact on my self-esteem. :|

As much as I try to be an optimist, I'd like to share last night's dream with you all. I had a dream that I didn't get into any Ph.D. programs so I had to find a job. I ended up working as a bus driver at Universal Studios in Orlando. Why is Universal Studios significant? It's significant because I wasn't even good enough to be a bus driver in Disney World, that's why! This whole process is clearly having quite an impact on my self-esteem. :|

LOL! I understand your pain. I've been getting dreams like that quite often myself throughout this process. With the current job market, "bus driver" seems closer than ever. :(

i know what you mean polisci guy.... the same thing has been happening to me....georgetown is my last hope... :cry:

i know what you mean polisci guy.... the same thing has been happening to me....georgetown is my last hope... :cry:

I really hope you two guys have some success, I think you both deserve it :)

Hey, a question for those in at MIT. Would any of you mind PMing me and talking about the funding package (if any) you received? I'm just curious to see what they are looking like.

Plisar.

For any of those applying to Vanderbilt, I just got inside word that they are making decisions right now and they chose 12 ppl for 8 slots and those selected will be notified soon.

Thanks for letting us know about Vanderbilt... Sound's a bit "tight" in the department. Only 8 slots... sure hope the funding reflects their high selectivity!

I've narrowed it down to too, but will have to bring the whole family to visits before we can take a decision. I'm pretty excited about both schools :)

No! I've narrowed it down, but now I want to get off the waitlist at Stanford and I feel like I'm still in the application process ("Take me! Love me!")

Looking forward to visits though...