PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

I just posted the Northwestern acceptance, now that I received the official letter, I think it's OK. I don't think the process is finished at all. In fact, my letter is dated February 12th!

Quick question, how did you find out about Northwestern so fast? Did you inquire or did the department contact you regarding your application? Just curious because my application status page shows no change. Congrats again and thanks.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question, how did you find out about Northwestern so fast? Did you inquire or did the department contact you regarding your application? Just curious because my application status page shows no change. Congrats again and thanks.

Well, I got an e-mail yesterday from a faculty member I had been in touch with previously. And today I got the official letter. I actually haven't checked my status page yet. The official letter came via e-mail from Ms. Riehl-Mitchell.

Hey, I didn't apply to UGA, but to me that sounds like an acceptence. If the program rejected you, they wouldn't be sending your application to the Graduate school.

Here's hoping you're right! Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

Received this email this evening:

"Congratulations! You have been recommended by Political Science

for admission to the Graduate School of The University of Georgia. The Office of

Graduate Admissions cannot proceed with the final acceptance, however, because

your file is incomplete.Please send the following information to complete your

application."

Pretty sure that means I'm in right?! I have to submit a form about finances as I'm an international. No word on funding as of yet ...

Good luck to all you other UGA guys!!

Colorado is notifying. Probably the wave will cometomorrow. I got an email from a prof whom I interviewed with tonight congratulating me. But, I got waitlisted for funding, which sucks considering Texas AM gave me full funding. Recruitment weekend is Feb 26-March 1. He said there is still a chance for funding.

Good luck to CU applicants. I'd bet my life's savings, not much mind you, that decisions come for all on Friday.

for admission to the Graduate School of The University of Georgia. The Office of

application."

Pretty sure that means I'm in right?! I have to submit a form about finances as I'm an international. No word on funding as of yet ...

Congrats!!!!

application."

Colorado is notifying. Probably the wave will cometomorrow. I got an email from a prof whom I interviewed with tonight congratulating me. But, I got waitlisted for funding, which sucks considering Texas AM gave me full funding. Recruitment weekend is Feb 26-March 1. He said there is still a chance for funding.

Good luck to CU applicants. I'd bet my life's savings, not much mind you, that decisions come for all on Friday.

Congrats, buddy! Wait patiently. If the prof contacted you personally, you're pretty high on their list.

Congratulations Pittsburgh! I'm really excited/stressed about tomorrow, thanks for the heads up. Would you mind posting your stats, help give those of us waiting an idea of what we are up against? Do you by any chance know anything about the Masters program?

Again, Congratulations!!!

Hey, congrats to the UGA and the NWU guy who got in! :)

I just received an e-mail from Notre Dame's program coordinator saying that my file is under review by the committee and the results won't be out at least before february end or early March. So the talk about Notre Dame that CAPoliSciPhd mentioned is indeed right on.

I applied to ND. I'm in Comparative Politics.

Sounds like you're in. Congrats!! I'm still waiting for my file to move from the 'incomplete' to the 'complete' category!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!

Just to say that mine was for the MA so I'm sure there are quite a few PHD places to be given out shortly. I noticed that a PHD admission went up yesterday ...

Good luck!

Why?

Caltech is shooting for an entering class of 6-8 students anyway, and they probably have really high yield since they offer $28K fellowships, so I'm guessing they make offers to about 12 people. 4 or 5 people posted on the board last night that they were admitted to Caltech.

Caltech is shooting for an entering class of 6-8 students anyway, and they probably have really high yield since they offer $28K fellowships, so I'm guessing they make offers to about 12 people. 4 or 5 people posted on the board last night that they were admitted to Caltech.

That is an extremely good fellowship. Too bad i didn't apply there.

Anyways, another exciting day of anticipation and worrying. So which school are we expecting to hear from today?

We MUST hear from Virginia today ... I haven't heard anything from Ohio State or Wisconsin (very bad signs), so I need Virginia to give me some good news today...

I'm with you here as well. I haven't heard back from any of the schools that I have applied to and have been waiting on UVA for some time now. They must say something by today.