PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

On our list, the following continue to be imminent based on past admissions cycles:

Stanford,

Berkeley,

Yale,

UNC

UVA

Others that may start showing up:

UCLA

Duke

UCSD

WUSTL

several others

Next week will be BUSY if a number of these schools don't get back today.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, it was relatively busy.

Second, we were assuming the possibility of hearing from Berkeley, Yale and Stanford. If all three got back today, it would have been a very busy week.

First, it was relatively busy.

Second, we were assuming the possibility of hearing from Berkeley, Yale and Stanford. If all three got back today, it would have been a very busy week.

I know it was busy...I'm just complaining because I haven't heard back from any of my schools yet... :(

Well, the weather has been nice in Southern California all week, but it's raining today and will all weekend. I say that to say this: it's possible that the UCLA and UCSD faculty have been at the beach all week, and will now have to come in and have an adcom meeting. :D

I'm actually not ruling out hearing back from Berkeley or Stanford today... It's only like 11 am there now.

Here's hoping, it would be nice to have some good (or any) news going into the longest weekend of the cycle so far.

Couldn't stop the temptation. Called up the DGS at WashU. He said only a few select admits have been given. But everyone to be notified of acceptance will be notified within the next week.

Just called Yale's Grad admissions admin and she told me they have sent the list to the school graduate admission office and now it is up to them to enter the list and update the applyyourself website. She said we should be hearing very soon, as they have already handed them the results. Told me to keep checking the website. First an email will come and a letter will be sent.

Any more news on Yale? Seems imminent..

Just called Yale's Grad admissions admin and she told me they have sent the list to the school graduate admission office and now it is up to them to enter the list and update the applyyourself website. She said we should be hearing very soon, as they have already handed them the results. Told me to keep checking the website. First an email will come and a letter will be sent.

Any more news on Yale? Seems imminent..

if they already made decisions, I would have asked if she'd give you a quick glance ;-) I mean you can't hurt your chances at that point. :lol:

if they already made decisions, I would have asked if she'd give you a quick glance ;-) I mean you can't hurt your chances at that point. :lol:

I asked both admins, they declined to give any info, said they don't know anything... we have no choice but to believe them ;)