PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

Anyone else hopeful for Berkeley or Stanford today?

Personally, I'm still freaking out about Yale because they enjoy teasing my soul.

Can't speak to Yale, but based on my dream last night (a completely reliable source, right?) I'd say today is THE day for Berkeley or Stanford. I dreamed that I was at an admitted students preview day, but I still didn't know if I was accepted! I had these stacks of papers to look through, and I kept looking for one that said "Congratulations!" but couldn't find one... so frustrating.

For Stanford, since most acceptances seem to come via telephone call, shouldn't I be relieved if I have an empty inbox?? No email news is GOOD news, right??

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All quiet on the Duke, UVA and Northwestern front for me. Not a good sign at all.

UVA is a bit scary, but to be fair, no one has really heard anything from NWU, and with Duke, thus far no-news is good news. The only people who have heard from Duke no longer have hope at all :)

OK, since the standard that we use to predict upcoming notifications is REM sleep...I'm happy to announce that we'll be hearing from U. Washington today and Georgetown last week! Yay! Oddly enough, in my dream I wasn't happy that I got into Georgetown but THRILLED about UW.

Hey! First time poster here. My UVA page still says 'pending' which is ominous. Anyone else applied to USC? Anyone know when they are meant to be revealing their chosen ones?

I hear you buddy, mine still states "PENDING" as well. My assumption is that UVA has two rounds, but I could be wrong and they are just being lazy posting the results up on the board.

I hear you buddy, mine still states "PENDING" as well. My assumption is that UVA has two rounds, but I could be wrong and they are just being lazy posting the results up on the board.

Have any negatives gone out, though? Because if some have been admitted and others waitlisted and yet no one rejected, then I may as well stop checking for that 'pending' to change!

Thanks for the help, though. You have just unofficially become my UVA foxhole buddy.

Have any negatives gone out, though? Because if some have been admitted and others waitlisted and yet no one rejected, then I may as well stop checking for that 'pending' to change!

Thanks for the help, though. You have just unofficially become my UVA foxhole buddy.

Well I do believe I have seen some rejections on this thread and also on the results page as well. My approach would be: be pessimistic but not give up hope.

I'm in the same position with UVA - since I was told to get back to them at the end of this week, I am hoping that some decisions are still to be made....not too optimistic about that though. Will let you know if my status changes.

Ah! Another UVA foxhole buddy!

I'm new here, will someone give me their opinion on my chances of aceptance?

BS-PS large state university 3.6 GPA

MBA- well respected regional liberal arts college 3.25 GPA

620 V 610 Q on GRE

Applied:

Missouri, Maryland, UMass, Kansas