PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great day for the regulars here. Only a handful of Berkeley admits, one Stanford poster and no Dukies. Makes ya wonder if Duke is done or not, but I know I'm not feeling good about them at this point.

Not a great day for the regulars here. Only a handful of Berkeley admits, one Stanford poster and no Dukies. Makes ya wonder if Duke is done or not, but I know I'm not feeling good about them at this point.

Three Stanfords now... one last night and three today. All funded, all American or US degrees (I hope they're doing internationals last...)

Three Stanfords now... one last night and three today.

Yes, it's beginning to look grim on the Stanford front. When do we call it? Last year it looks like there was an admit a few days after the initial rush, which I suppose is a good sign.

fyi posters, I found the Berkeley email in my junk mail box.

I expect this prompted a flurry of spam checking. No luck on my end. Yet another desperate hope dashed.

Yes, it's beginning to look grim on the Stanford front. When do we call it? Last year it looks like there was an admit a few days after the initial rush, which I suppose is a good sign.

I expect this prompted a flurry of spam checking. No luck on my end. Yet another desperate hope dashed.

Hmm no acceptances but I did get a free trial offer of the Oprah Winfrey Acai berry diet and an intriguing business proposal from "Stella Dikko Samba the only daughter of late Mr. and Mrs. Dikko Samba" whose father was "a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan,the economic capital of Ivory coast."

Hmm no acceptances but I did get a free trial offer of the Oprah Winfrey Acai berry diet and an intriguing business proposal from "Stella Dikko Samba the only daughter of late Mr. and Mrs. Dikko Samba" who's father was "a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan,the economic capital of Ivory coast."

Hhhmmmm... intriguing offers. Will be hard to turn down even with additional offers later on. hahahaha nice one

Has anyone contacted NYU, Northwestern, or UNC to see what they're up to?

I'm at work and can't call (since my boss doesn't know I'll be quitting this summer to go to grad school)........but would love it if someone else would call NYU to see if they're admitting in waves........

I'm a sociology applicant, but I can't help but notice poli sci results. I also can't help but gawk at your HUGE stipends. I'm new to this, but I figured that the two departments would be relatively similar. My UCLA funding package begs to differ.

Are those 22-25k fellowships for 5 years? Pure fellowships-- you don't have TA or RA?

Congrats to you all!

I'm a sociology applicant, but I can't help but notice poli sci results. I also can't help but gawk at your HUGE stipends. I'm new to this, but I figured that the two departments would be relatively similar. My UCLA funding package begs to differ.

Are those 22-25k fellowships for 5 years? Pure fellowships-- you don't have TA or RA?

Congrats to you all!

Hey,

It is pure fellowship at Berkeley! :D

I just got an email from OSU with more details on lots of stuff. Most importantly funding. Here are the important exerpts:

"We will know the results of the Graduate School [fellowship] competition the week of March 9 ... In addition, the Graduate School has increased the stipend packages for Political Science and other high quality doctoral programs, so that the stipends that we will be offering for the AU 2009 cohort will range from $18,000 to $24,600."

I just got an email from OSU with more details on lots of stuff. Most importantly funding. Here are the important exerpts:

"We will know the results of the Graduate School [fellowship] competition the week of March 9 ... In addition, the Graduate School has increased the stipend packages for Political Science and other high quality doctoral programs, so that the stipends that we will be offering for the AU 2009 cohort will range from $18,000 to $24,600."

VERY Nice!