PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a reply from the Director of Graduate Studies at NYU.

Not much info, to be honest: it was along the lines of "the process is ongoing. Everyone will be told when we're done".

So - they're not done making acceptances. Whether that means everyone who hasn't been rejected yet is on a defacto waitlist is a pretty good question.

Last year there was a spate of acceptances towards the end of february. So I suppose we should hold on to ourselves for a few weeks at least...

Rejected from UCSD. Oh well, I don't think UCSD is strong in South Asia and globalization, which is what I study. Yale certainly isn't, and that combined with having received my BA from there made me a sure reject. Keeping my fingers crossed for NYU and Columbia, but not holding my breath.

What a BAD time to apply to PhD programs. No one can hide from this economy :cry:

This is my first time on this site. I am so glad to have found other people to wait this out with! So far I have heard from NYU, Yale and UC Berkeley. Still waiting to hear from Stanford, Harvard, Columbia and Princeton. I am interested in south asian politics, comparative political economy and methods. Was hoping we could start a thread soon to talk about how to negotiate packages and what is considered a decent deal with various schools.

Cheers and good luck!

Hello all,

I'm an int'l applicant and new here. Congrats to acceptees first!

Haven' got any news from any school yet... even OSU, Madison or Cornell...does that mean I should give up hope on these ones? :(

Did you check yous status on the OSU's website? I found my kind rejection there yesterday.

Michigan could be up to two weeks off. Their visit weekend is March 13-15, so plan accordingly if you think you want to visit and have applied there. It will be a very short turn around if my info is correct.

Michigan could be up to two weeks off. Their visit weekend is March 13-15, so plan accordingly if you think you want to visit and have applied there. It will be a very short turn around if my info is correct.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with the process at Michigan plisar. Even though waiting a week or two would keep us in line with the expectations I had formed based on last year's data, I was secretly hoping we would hear sooner.

I tend to be very relaxed in general, but this is really starting to get to me...

^ Yes they do, Chicago is having money problems.

Good morning everyone!! Another day of anxiety and anticipation under way.

Regarding Chicago, I will have to disagree. I don't know if Chicago is undergoing budget crisis but 6-9 sounds about right. 3 years ago when my friend enrolled for the PhD program there she told me here cohort had 9 students including herself. Plus she was an externally funded student as well. So I am not at all surprised. Money could be an issue but being selective is another I guess.

No word from Stanford yet...are there any international students who have received an offer from Stanford yet?? I am hoping that's causing the delays....otherwise I am guessing it is bad news :(

Going from the Results search they admitted one international student by phone last night. As a fellow international I was hoping that was the delay too, now I'm closer to giving up...

All Fired Up - fancy giving me your second spot? ;) Congrats though!

Do I take it nobody knows anything about Columbia then?

Going from the Results search they admitted one international student by phone last night. As a fellow international I was hoping that was the delay too, now I'm closer to giving up...

All Fired Up - fancy giving me your second spot? ;) Congrats though!

Do I take it nobody knows anything about Columbia then?

As of a week and a half ago, they were not finished going through apps. Apparently applications are down. Who knows where they are now, though. This is just the last I heard.... I would not expect to hear until late next week at the earliest.

As of a week and a half ago, they were not finished going through apps. Apparently applications are down. Who knows where they are now, though. This is just the last I heard.... I would not expect to hear until late next week at the earliest.

Thanks a lot :) Maybe there's still some hope of hearing something pre-March for me then :D