I think I need a break from waiting

gadhelyn

I told myself this morning that since I know I will not hear anything until the end of February, I need to stop thinking about it and stop coming to this site, etc. Of course you know the first site I came to this morning....sigh!

It's like a drug, you have to wean yourself off of it slowly :)

Waiting is better than applying. Or actuallyt doing any work that still has to be done - who forgot to put the world on hold until late Feb?

I have an app due tomorrow. Well, in two days, thanks to time differences. I can't bring myself to work on it; the big cluster of mid Dec applicatins (which I screwed up) has drained me. So instead, I spend the day at the Gradcafe.

If you can't handle waiting anymore: go camping. Seriously. For New Year, I was in almost the middle of nowhere for a week, and had enough company that I didn't even think about applications or notification. At home, when I'm in front of a computer at work all day, if I even go in - recipe for poor mental health!

If you can't handle waiting anymore: go camping. Seriously. For New Year, I was in almost the middle of nowhere for a week, and had enough company that I didn't even think about applications or notification. At home, when I'm in front of a computer at work all day, if I even go in - recipe for poor mental health!

What a great vacation from the waiting. I'm excited for the new semester to start on Monday so the work can distract me. This last week of absolutely nothing to do but wait and think about waiting is a drag.

Going....slowly...crazy.

Don't know if it's the first coffee in several days, or just generally waiting, but I can't sit still and certainly can't do anything useful.

I'm almost contemplating going for a run, which is INCREDIBLY out of character.

You can't go away! I'm going to be the bad influence...

We need to all band together in this time of crisis :)

Crazy loves company...

(er...ok so I changed that saying...)

Hehe! Well, I clearly have no willpower, so I will be glued here until I hear!! It's pretty intense, waiting to know what the next decade of your life will or will not be like...

I think it is totally understandable, when you put it like that. Plus, many of us are planning on moving, some with our families, all the way across the country and there is a lot that needs to be put in order before the move. I know my husband wants to know where he should start looking for a new job...

I think it is totally understandable, when you put it like that. Plus, many of us are planning on moving, some with our families, all the way across the country and there is a lot that needs to be put in order before the move. I know my husband wants to know where he should start looking for a new job...

My wife as well. I would love to know where I'll be living in several months. I just don't like the idea of the direction of my life being decided by others. Wish they'd hurry up and decide.

Yeah, a few of my friends are trying to figure out living arrangements for next year and I have to say, "I'll tell you in March or April whether I'll still be in the city." Better than moving a family, but it would still be nice to know.