We need a chat room...

t_ruth

+1

wait, what? you could log the conversations, easily. The real question is how difficult searching it would be, but then again, I feel a lot of questions end up being reiterated anyway, so you could include a bot to answer those :P

t_ruth, have you heard anything from Duke? I noticed a psych post on the results page yesterday.

Nope. I believe that posting was cognitive and I'd be developmental...I guess they will be deciding on whether they are going to do a second round of interviews this week? I've sadly given up on them :(

What I did was download mIRC (I have a windows machine) - you can google that and download it free. Then I just installed that, signed in and found freenode in the little folders and typed in #gradschool in the box that pops up. Once you get mIRC it should be pretty easy to follow. It certainly isn't as convenient or feature-rich as chatzy though. Darn you chatzy, why do you go down!

actually, it has most other things you're used to, but you'd have to figure out the text commands to do that. Eh, I don't know, I like IRC :)

And freenode is an IRC server. On each IRC server you have a number of channels (think chat rooms). I made one #gradschool (all the channel names are #).

I've been to the freenode.net site but can't make heads or tails of it! :oops:
you need an IRC client, like mIRC and a bunch of others too. What's your operating system (e.g. windows, OS X, Linux, etc)?