NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

Guys, I have a meeting with my supervisor today. He will ask : What have you done this week in your projet ?

I will answer : I have been posting message on this forum since a week

Damn !

Give him my nickname and ask him to msg me. I will let him know that students aren't slaves :-P

Congrats Entomophaga! Are you at U of Ottawa? How many pubs did you have (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm at Carleton U and I got the results by calling my department (Biology). They said the results came in yesterday. I was super surprised because at the time of the application I hadn't finished my Master's yet and had no publications in peer-reviewed journals, just some presentations and posters at provincial and national conferences. I guess it shows publications aren't everything.

I have just been informed that I did not receive NSERC PGS.

Hard luck for me, and good luck for all the others :-)

Someone in Montreal has been informed :o

Sorry to hear about that vivaldi. Which university are you from again?

Of course they have !!! if we have it in Montreal it means they should have it in Ottawa !

I just went to grad studies and asked. They don't have them. Or they aren't giving them out. Either way...

Of course they have !!! if we have it in Montreal it means they should have it in Ottawa !

Maybe they have some weird order that they are notifying Grad Programs across the country...UBC, UVic, Concordia, Carelton and Dalhousie all seem to know, but maybe they haven't released results to every school yet?

Yeah, it's a bit weird that Carleton has them and uOttawa doesn't - but maybe they notify different departments at different times. Sorry to hear you didn't get yours, Vivaldi - but there's always next year. I'll be doing my PhD in Montreal - I'll buy you a beer

Maybe they have some weird order that they are notifying Grad Programs across the country...UBC, UVic, Concordia, Carelton and Dalhousie all seem to know, but maybe they haven't released results to every school yet?

Well if UVic weren't there, you could argue alphabet

UofA, UBC, Concordia, Carelton, Dal, UVic?

Likely explanation is some universities are lazy

Yeah, it's a bit weird that Carleton has them and uOttawa doesn't - but maybe they notify different departments at different times. Sorry to hear you didn't get yours, Vivaldi - but there's always next year. I'll be doing my PhD in Montreal - I'll buy you a beer

I don't drink alcohol anymore, but if you introduce me some nice girls it would be awesome ! lol