NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

What I know is you have more chance than me

I agree. When you read the comments of peopel, you start to loose hope. People here = paper machine

hahahaha you made me laugh ! don't be impressed !!! it depends on the field and the quality of the research itself !!!

I'm simply disappointed cuz they're reducing the funds this year !!! Hard luck dude !

I told you the selection criteria doesn't lean on the number of publications ! ;-) So only the reviewers know who's better than the other ;-)

Edited by vivaldi

Reading comments here about how much stuff people have done is discouraging, haha.

I have one paper, and I'm only 4th author. No real conferences either. I'm hoping the fact that they thought I was CGS-M worthy last year means they might still think I'm CGS/PGS D worthy... :P

Guys frim Quebec

Don't worry, there is also FQRNT which is much easier than NSERC ...

I got an OGS last year but had to decline it because I chose to go to Quebec for my PhD. Once I got here I found out I'm ineligible for the FQRNT because I'm not a resident yet! Here's hoping for an NSERC!

Hoping to have a letter sometime soon here in BC! I'm also waiting on the Vanier results - I'd be happy with any award! Fingers crossed!

From wat has been going on around Montreal nd all, I am not expecting the letter tomorrow. I think, our department may inform us before that but anything can happen... Hoping for the best..:)

Guys frim Quebec

Don't worry, there is also FQRNT which is much easier than NSERC ...

Do you know what the success rate is for FQRNT? I applied for it this year, but am trying not to get my hopes up. I can't find any information on the stats/success rate in previous years.

Do you know what the success rate is for FQRNT? I applied for it this year, but am trying not to get my hopes up. I can't find any information on the stats/success rate in previous years.

If my memory is correct, last year's success rate for FQRNT Postdoc competition was in the 40% range. So I guess I'm sorry to get your hopes up ^_^

But Vivaldi, if you do not receive anything today, it doesn't mean that nobody in Montreal will receive the answer cause i read yesterday in thi Forum that in Ottawa, there is people that receive positive or negative answer and there is people that did not receive anything at all ...

Maybe there are people who are very good candidates that they received the award, and some others that are so NOT good candidates so they defintely got rejected.

Maybe we still in the middle ? :-P they're hesitating about us lol