NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

Thanks you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not receive the letter yet. The grad department inform me this morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still here guys . I will not go !!!!!!!!! until we receive the results of all the participants

Good luck !

Edited by eliasg

Just to show that publications is only on criteria over 10000 !

I had only one submitter journal paper (1st author ) and 2 conferece paper !!!!!!

So those who dont have many publications (like me), don't panic !!!!!

Edited by eliasg

Just to show that publications is only on criteria over 10000 !

I had only one submitter journal paper (1st author ) and 2 conferece paper !!!!!!

So those who dont have many publications (like me), don't panic !!!!!

Sounds like I have a chance still...

If I don't get my letter before the long weekend (today) I'll be so disappointed. My grad studies won't release the info before NSERC does, so I'm at the mercy of the mailman!

Did your Grad Studies contact you, or did you have to ask them about it?

Thanks you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not receive the letter yet. The grad department inform me this morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still here guys . I will not go !!!!!!!!! until we receive the results of all the participants

Good luck !

In that case you have to stay here ~10 more days. My contact address is in UK and Easter break in UK is till next Thursday :P :P

If I don't get my letter before the long weekend (today) I'll be so disappointed. My grad studies won't release the info before NSERC does, so I'm at the mercy of the mailman!

Grad studies dont want to inform anybody. But you have to go and insist and told them that it is a question of life or death ;)

In that case you have to stay here ~10 more days. My contact address is in UK and Easter break in UK is till next Thursday :P :P

No problem. It is my pleasure. I have really fun beeing on this Forum !!!

Good luck Silicon

Snowshoes, what school are you at?

Too bad. I was hoping to get my letter in Montreal before going on long vacation.

Last year, not everybody in MTL receive the letter !!!!!

Some people receive it on March 21th, others on March 22th ....so dont stresss !

I will be back home arount 18h00 . I will check my mail and inform you !

Last year, not everybody in MTL receive the letter !!!!!

Some people receive it on March 21th, others on March 22th ....so dont stresss !

I will be back home arount 18h00 . I will check my mail and inform you !

Vivaldi receive the letter today, so it depend on Post Canada and your adree I think !

Department told me that I am an alternate for a PGS-D3. I hope I'm not too far down the list.

Wainting list ???

So you have to wait to June.

I think you will get it. Many people will refuse CGS/PGS cause they change mind, receive an offer for a job or win Vanier !!!!

Wainting list ???

So you have to wait to June.

I think you will get it. Many people will refuse CGS/PGS cause they change mind, receive an offer for a job or win Vanier !!!!

55 Vanier's will reject their PGS awards. With some luck it will happen. I wish they told you where your application fell short though! I have a feeling it is papers haha

55 Vanier's will reject their PGS awards. With some luck it will happen. I wish they told you where your application fell short though! I have a feeling it is papers haha

Everybody has the right to demand a retroaction. They will receive a letter in June that include :

1) The 2 recommandation letters

2) The note given by each reviewer on each category : (Academic, research and Communications) as well as the averaged mark

3) They will also told you if your application had been discussed in Ottawa (in February) or not !

Note : An appliucfation is discussed in Ottawa if and only if the two marks are different between both reviewer !

Edited by eliasg

Everybody has the right to demand a retroaction. They will receive a letter in June that include :

2) The note given by each reviewer on each category : (Academic, research and Communications) as well as the averaged mark

3) They will also told you if your application had been discussed in Ottawa (in February) or not !

Note : An appliucfation is discussed in Ottawa if and only if the two marks are different between both reviewer !

Oh that is great! Okay, thanks for telling me that!

There is only 50 Vanier award for NSERC this year !

Yes, I requested feedback on my PGS application last year (you can email NSERC to request the feedback, whether you get the award or not). However, I did not receive any comments from the reviewers or individual scores from the reviewers, just the averaged score in each category and my ranking by the committee. I also received copies of the two reference letters (which was a weird thing to read!!).

The letter I received said:

"In view of the large number of applications, the selection committee members are not asked to write written appraisals of individual applications."

It also said that the two reviewers were in agreement about my application, so the application was not discussed in Ottawa.

I wish there had been reviewer comments (this would be more useful for me than knowing I got 53/100 for academic excellence!), but I definitely understand how much more time consuming that would be for the reviewers.