NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

I Emailed NSERC yesterday asking when the PGS-D results would come in, and got a reply a couple minutes ago...

Hi xxx,

Unfortunately I do not have an estimated time. It should be in the next couple of weeks; it is later this year since the Federal Budget was not announced until March 29, 2012.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

People are getting letters??? I received my mail today and didn't get anything NSERC-related (I am in Gatineau). Not sure how the Montreal folks would get them first, unless the letters are being sent out in batches...

Edited by snowshoes

I Emailed NSERC yesterday asking when the PGS-D results would come in, and got a reply a couple minutes ago...

Hi xxx,

Unfortunately I do not have an estimated time. It should be in the next couple of weeks; it is later this year since the Federal Budget was not announced until March 29, 2012.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

People are getting letters??? I received my mail today and didn't get anything NSERC-related (I am in Gatineau). Not sure how the Montreal folks would get them first, unless the letters are being sent out in batches...

Reply to this women that say to her that she did not understand anything !!!! :P

Edited by eliasg

Hi all,

I've also been lurking here for the last couple of weeks. Thanks for all the updates (except those trolls who got all our hopes up about 10 days ago!)

Today, I just received my PDF result: rejection but on the waiting list. I'm not sure what the chances are of funds freeing up, but I get to keep my fingers crossed for another 3 months now!

The letter came in the mail to Cornwall, ON.

Good luck to the rest of you!

You applied through your department?

Yes, for the PhD award. People from biophysical engineering at McGill were also told of their result from their department. Your department should have it.

Yes, for the PhD award. People from biophysical engineering at McGill were also told of their result from their department. Your department should have it.

Thanks

I applied for PDF at McGill also but directly to NSERC

Hi all,

I've also been lurking here for the last couple of weeks. Thanks for all the updates (except those trolls who got all our hopes up about 10 days ago!)

Today, I just received my PDF result: rejection but on the waiting list. I'm not sure what the chances are of funds freeing up, but I get to keep my fingers crossed for another 3 months now!

The letter came in the mail to Cornwall, ON.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Can you please tell us your stat?

Can you please tell us your stat?

Sure.

My field is condensed matter physics. My proposal was on organic photovoltaics. I think I did a pretty good job putting it together. The location of tenure was also well justified (I think that part is also quite important and some applicants don't give it that much thought).

At the time of application I had 6 journal articles (5 first author) and 1 accepted. Also a lot of conference presentations (at least 2 per year) and pretty good work experience from my undergrad.

I had received a CGS-D2 during my PhD.

I'm not too surpised I didn't get it. It's very competitive and there are people out there in the double digits for 1st author pubs.