Ford Foundation Fellowship 2011-2012

AnnzPB

Hi everyone, first time posting. I received an HM for the predoc award last year and requested feedback right away. I never got a direct reply to my email request (saying that they got the email, etc.), but I did end up receiving a link to the feedback on my application around mid-June. In other words, you may have to be patient. The feedback was actually more detailed than I expected it to be and was pretty helpful when I reapplied this year (ended up as an alternate, so a slight bump up! Fingers crossed that someone declines...).

I hope that's helpful!

soooo when is it about the right time to give up hope on being bumped from alternate to fellow.... about now right? sigh*

No, I wouldn't give up hope. Ford just sent the awardees the official acceptance packet yesterday, and awardees have until the second week of May to accept. So there's time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI--- I called in today to see if the secretary could update me on how many people in psychology have accepted, and she said she was unable to give me a number because they're still processing all of the forms. She told me to try calling back next week.

Also, I tried to see where I am on the alternates list with no success haha.

• 11 months later...

Hi guys, I know this is an old post, but could I please get some advice from you veterans? :D

I have been placed on the alternate list on 4/4/2013, but have not heard back. 

When did the alternate list peeps from 2011-2012 heard back? Did you get the fellowship? Should I stop hoping yet as of 5/2/2013?

Thank you very much!!