Ford Foundation Fellowship 2011-2012

AnnzPB

Hello, I heard that Ford fellowships are more "favorable" to under-representative minorities. So anyone know what fractions of black, white, asians got the awards last year?

It is specific "severely under-represented" minorities, and they don't exactly hide this in the description. The point of the fellowship is to encourage ethnically/racially diverse role models within the professoriate. The severely under-represented minorites that they specify are Black/African-American, Mexican-American, Puerto Rican, and Native American/Native Alaskan/Native Hawaiian, if I remember correctly. You can win a fellowship without being any of these, but they are quite upfront about the fact that they consider being one of these a plus for their purposes.

dissertation announcements started going out..no go on mine. Oh well :)

I'm so sorry to hear this mmagpie4. I've been rejected by Ford before so I know it sucks.

I applied for the predoctoral and haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to attempt to enjoy the day and see what awaits me in my inbox tonight :unsure:

I just received my acceptance email guys, for the PreDoctoral Fellowship. Good luck to you all!

Congratulations flashinglights!! Maybe this is a sign that most of the people on this board will have positive new!! Good luck everyone!!!

I didn't get it guys :( I applied for the predoctoral fellowship...is there a way I can contact them to ask for feedback?! It's okay I have plans A, B, and C lined up for next year! Congrats to flashinglights and good luck to the rest of you! :)

For those of you who got notifications, are you all getting them through email or are you checking something within the online application? I haven't gotten any emails yet--acceptance, HM, or rejection... :-/ Are they just sending them in batches or something? What the heck...

Edited by AnnzPB

I didn't get it guys :( I applied for the predoctoral fellowship...is there a way I can contact them to ask for feedback?! It's okay I have plans A, B, and C lined up for next year! Congrats to flashinglights and good luck to the rest of you! :)

What are your back up plans A, B, and C for next year?