Ford Foundation Fellowship 2011-2012

AnnzPB

Where exactly did you click in the online application to see that mention of "Honorable Mention List"? Which of the four menu options did you go into on the main page that loads right after you log in--contact info, reference info, data review, or supplementary materials?

I have the same question.

Hey guys,

Best of luck to you all. To see whether or not you elected to be considered for the "Honorable Mention List" if you did not get the Ford, login to your Ford account, click on Data Review, and the "Honorable Mention List" should be listed under the Personal Information section, below prime self-identity. Again, this does NOT suggest you are on the Honorable Mention List, just that you chose to be considered for it in the case that you did not get it this year (basically a conferral of prestige).

Should be finding out results this week.

Does anyone's supplemental materials pages say "the deadline to submit supplemental materials was January 30, 2012?" I thought the deadline was January 6. I ask because one of my letter writers had a major difficulty in submitting a letter of rec (apparently the website kept going down). Just hoping my app was reviewed :/

Does anyone's supplemental materials pages say "the deadline to submit supplemental materials was January 30, 2012?" I thought the deadline was January 6. I ask because one of my letter writers had a major difficulty in submitting a letter of rec (apparently the website kept going down). Just hoping my app was reviewed :/

Mine says that as well. This was their first year using this system, so I'm guessing they decided to allow ample time for submissions just in case some glitch occur. If they didn't review your app you would have received a notification letting you know that you did not meet the qualifications. So don't worry I'm sure you app was reviewed ... Cheers and good luck :)

I'm guessing we should all begin to hear back on friday just like the previous years. My nerves are setting in :blink:

Hey guys,

Best of luck to you all. To see whether or not you elected to be considered for the "Honorable Mention List" if you did not get the Ford, login to your Ford account, click on Data Review, and the "Honorable Mention List" should be listed under the Personal Information section, below prime self-identity. Again, this does NOT suggest you are on the Honorable Mention List, just that you chose to be considered for it in the case that you did not get it this year (basically a conferral of prestige).

Should be finding out results this week.

My honorable mention list saying yes. Does that mean I will get the honorable mention if i don't get the award? Or that means I can't get an award and honorable mention is it? Thanks.

It means that if you don't get an award, but the committee deems your application sufficiently meritorious, and you selected "yes" to the Honorable Mention List, your name will be published on that list. For instance, last year there were something like 571 HM's, but only 121 awards.

Just called to check, and spoke with Pam. Applicants will be notified by Friday via email. Cheers and good luck!

Thanks for doing this! I just found out I got HM for the NSF so I'm keeping my figures crossed for this one. Best of luck to everyone!

I thought they woud have began notifying us yesterday. Anybody get an email?

My guess is that they will begin notifying people on Friday..I think that this is what they have done the last couple of years. Though, you might call and see if you get a different/more precise answer as to the likelihood of announcements going out before Friday. I think we're all a bit nervous ;)

I just called the office today (8:30 PST). At first I didn't know what Honorable Mention meant so in the beginning I put "No", but then I called and emailed saying that I would like to be included in the HM list, if I were considered for it. I also asked about when decisions will be made. The lady told me it could be anytime this week, but Friday for sure at the latest. I'm shaking in my bones :huh: Good luck everyone!

I know you have to accept and use the Ford Fellowship in the 1st year you are awarded it, but I think you can defer the NSF for a year. So you can't have them during the same year, but you can stagger them. Or at least this was the case a few years ago.

Does anybody know if this fellowship can be stacked with the NSF GRF, or do you have to choose one?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure you can only hold one major fellowship at a time....