Notification Thread

William_James

Oh, who got the VCU Social interview? Who was your POI? Not because I applied there, but I went there for undergrad and I'm just curious. If you have questions, you can PM me!

I did, with Green The interview was fine, but from his later comments ("we'll probably be contacting people in a week or so (no intimation I was included), don't get discouraged if you don't hear from people until late, the game's not over, ") I'm guessing I'm not his top choice. I'm just praying I get in SOMEWHERE at this point; it's my second year applying, and I know I'd kick butt. GR.

Also, has anyone else heard back from UMD Social or SUNYSB? I saw that someone had gotten a UMD Social acceptance yesterday, and I was just curious if the decisions were all out yet. I know people had gotten rejections via the website, but my ASF is showing mine as still in process. And I got an e-mail from SUNY saying I made the initial cut, but I haven't heard anything since early January.

I did, with Green The interview was fine, but from his later comments ("we'll probably be contacting people in a week or so (no intimation I was included), don't get discouraged if you don't hear from people until late, the game's not over, ") I'm guessing I'm not his top choice. I'm just praying I get in SOMEWHERE at this point; it's my second year applying, and I know I'd kick butt. GR.

Green is great. He was one of my undergrad advisors. I hope you get in, because he is awesome to work with! But I know how you feel...I still haven't heard from UMD and my ASF says "complete" but that's it. it's my second year applying, too, and I thought my application would be competitive this time. I mean, seriously, I have a masters, publications, experience in research, as a TA and a lab manager...what else do they want?!

Will the person who just posted the interview status for U. of Hawaii at Manoa (clinical psych) please pm me their POI? Did they just send the email, or was it earlier today? Jealous..happy for you, but j-e-a-l-o-u-s

At my interview weekend at UCSD I met people who had interviews at UMD and Columbia, so those are done most likely

And along those lines, I met someone at the UVa interview who had interviews with Yale and Harvard already.

Of course, this says nothing about the waitlist game.

Edited by svh

I'm on the Personality & Social Contexts area wait list.

Hi! I'm on the same waitlist too. I subtly asked them how many are on the waitlist but they didn't give me a number. They only said it's a very selective list. Btw do you mind me asking who's your POI? Mine is Fiona Lee.

HI,

Can the people that heard from NYU and Florida State send me the POI names please? :)

Thanks so much!!!

Hi are you interviewing with NYU Social? I'm currently in the interviewing process too. Do you mind PMing me your POI? I'll be happy to share mine with you too.

Stanford has also sent out their invites. I met somebody at UPenn's interview weekend who has formally been invited to Stanford's interview weekend. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

It's indeed terrible news for me. But thanks for the update and good luck in your applications!

Still painfully waiting to hear from BC's Masters program in Behavioral Neuroscience and WFU's Masters programs in General Psych.

Doesn't seem to be any postings on the results page either

Anyone know if either program interviews for their Masters programs? Or is straight accept/reject. Would prefer some kind of interview to be honest.

Edited by mj53

Still painfully waiting to hear from BC's Masters program in Behavioral Neuroscience and WFU's Masters programs in General Psych.

Doesn't seem to be any postings on the results page either

Anyone know if either program interviews for their Masters programs? Or is straight accept/reject. Would prefer some kind of interview to be honest.

Unfortunately, I can't help you at all, but I did undergrad (and some undergrad research) at WFU and am curious about who your POI is (if you don't mind sharing)