Rhetoric UC Berkeley, Cultural Studies UC Davis

locsofgold

I was just wondering if anyone is applying to these programs for the Fall 2012 and how your applications are going. It would be nice to talk to people in the same boat and maybe compare notes.

(This also applies to grad students currently in these programs.)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking more at Buffalo's and UCSD Visual/Media Studies, but have been curious about the Rhetoric programs too. Which other's are you considering? CMU?

Any and all infos that you've gathered so far would be great to hear about. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

hey locsofgold,

I applied to UC Davis' Cultural Studies program last year and was admitted. Unfortunately, I was not able to start their PhD program due to personal problems. However, the program deferred my admission, yay! So if you are accepted at UC Davis we are going to meet each other :)

What's your research interest?

Have you heard about admissions decisions yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Dunkelblauecola- That would be great if we did meet. No word yet, but Davis was where I got my undergraduate degree and I can tell you most of the Professors in the program are really great and Davis is a great (albeit dull) town. My emphasis is also in Gender Studies.

Koolherc- Yep, no word yet here either. Let me know if you hear anything. This waiting is really awful.

Someone posted an acceptance to UC Davis. Any takers??

I posted the acceptance. PM me if you have any questions. From what I understood all admits were contacted on Friday. I missed the call on Friday so I believe that I was one of the last ones contacted this morning.

Edited by genesisy

A little late to this post... I also applied to Berkeley's Rhetoric program. It looks like they contact folks (via phone) during the second week of February! Not too much longer to wait....

Also, just in case anyone is wondering, I study gender, feminist theory, queer theory, american lit, cinema, the gothic, history, memory, violence, the american south, etc.

My fingers are crossed for everyone!

congrats eaw53! you should add your acceptance to the results survey!

quick q, has your application status changed to accepted? do you know how many folks were accepted/if they've contacted everyone?

thanks!

congratulations eaw53! do you mind if I inquire as to your interests, academic background, strength of your SOP, GRE scores, recommenders, gender, race, orientation, height, astrological sign, and favorite kind of ice cream?

to alh - application status has been changed on the website, but i have nooo idea abt the rest of ur questions...

to koolherc - i love icecream. and frozen yogurt with heathbar. my interests include contemporary fiction (postmodern novelists these days), the intersection of visual studies and literature, and the ethics of representation, but i haven't settled down much and am pretty open to wherever grad studies take me...

do u know when stanford mtl is getting back to applicants and whether there are interviews?

have u heard anything?

to alh - application status has been changed on the website, but i have nooo idea abt the rest of ur questions...

to koolherc - i love icecream. and frozen yogurt with heathbar. my interests include contemporary fiction (postmodern novelists these days), the intersection of visual studies and literature, and the ethics of representation, but i haven't settled down much and am pretty open to wherever grad studies take me...

do u know when stanford mtl is getting back to applicants and whether there are interviews?

have u heard anything?

*spits out filtered water*

You got into UCB as a heathbar enthusiast?? Gross. Surely you didnt put that in your SOP...

...no word from MTL, btw.

Edited by koolherc