Fall 2012 Season

Veilside1

Ah, that explains it. Thanks! And congrats on the fellowship! Are you planning on accepting? I'm leaning towards accepting so we may end up being classmates. =P

Congrats on your acceptance too! I'm leaning toward not accepting as I have another option I like a little more. But I'm a little torn.

A friend of mine received an email placing him on the UMich. waitlist for IPCAA and it sounds like they have notified everyone who is on such a list. Also, I heard that UChicago has contacted the 1 or 2 people that were placed on the ancient history waitlist... maybe it was one of you all? Good luck!

A friend of mine received an email placing him on the UMich. waitlist for IPCAA and it sounds like they have notified everyone who is on such a list. Also, I heard that UChicago has contacted the 1 or 2 people that were placed on the ancient history waitlist... maybe it was one of you all? Good luck!

Do you know anything about IPGRH though? No word from Chicago for me, so I should be expecting a rejetion in the mail in a few weeks... :unsure:

Congrats! Did your interview group consist of PhD and Masters candidates? I applied to UVa's MA program but I haven't heard anything.

I assume most schools tend to inform PhD students before MA students??

We were all prospective PhD students. I think that CU Boulder, at least, notifies PhDs before MAs. Maybe because it's a smaller pool of applicants, or they're filling fewer spots?

Salve omnes,

Has anyone heard from NYU yet? Or know when one might hear from them?

On a more general and vague note...how selective is NYU?

Ive been recently discouraged by rejections from Toronto and Berkeley.

Thanks!

Edited by rawrachu

Anybody heard anything from Johns Hopkins? At this point, it's the only program I've applied to with nothing in the results survey.

Well, there's also the Joukowsky Institute, but I'm assuming silent rejection, since they apparently do interviews in March. Which is all highly discouraging, but a girl can hope. I guess.

I really don't understand the reasoning behind sending out acceptances/interviews but leaving the rejections for forever.

Anybody heard anything from Johns Hopkins? At this point, it's the only program I've applied to with nothing in the results survey.

Well, there's also the Joukowsky Institute, but I'm assuming silent rejection, since they apparently do interviews in March. Which is all highly discouraging, but a girl can hope. I guess.

I really don't understand the reasoning behind sending out acceptances/interviews but leaving the rejections for forever.

If it helps, I too have heard absolutely nothing from or about Johns Hopkins. I think that they delay the rejections just in case those who are admitted decline immediately, and they need to add more people to a wait-list or to an accepted-list.

I wish Joukowsky would put us out of our misery already.

Veilside,

I haven't heard anything about IPGRH students but my friend has his interview tomorrow so I can ask if the interviewer said anything about it. I will certainly report back! There might be a lull for a while as top applicants decide and then open up spots for second round students.

It sounds like people are still waiting for JHU, Brown's archaeology program, and BU? I'm still waiting on Toronto and York but I'm not holding out much hope since they tend not to have much funding for Americans. I'm considering withdrawing my applications from those two schools since they wouldn't be competitors with the other schools I have offers from. Any advice on withdrawing an application at this stage?

Veilside,

I haven't heard anything about IPGRH students but my friend has his interview tomorrow so I can ask if the interviewer said anything about it. I will certainly report back! There might be a lull for a while as top applicants decide and then open up spots for second round students.

Thanks! Any info on IPGRH would be great. I know that Michigan has winter break this week, so maybe that means that they'll finally finish off their application duties.

If it helps, I too have heard absolutely nothing from or about Johns Hopkins. I think that they delay the rejections just in case those who are admitted decline immediately, and they need to add more people to a wait-list or to an accepted-list.

Well, at least it's not just me. And I guess I see the point about having a back-up list, but I still don't really understand why they can't just be a bit more up front about things. Even a simple, "hey, you're on a wait-list," would be better than all this nothing.

I wish Joukowsky would put us out of our misery already.

Agreed. Get it over with. Seriously.

Awfully quiet here lately.

Indeed. I take it as a sign of how slowly the admissions decisions are coming out.

I've finally given in to the crazy and emailed the programs I'm still waiting to hear from. Hopefully I can at least get some sort of update on WHEN I should be hearing something. It's hard to plan for graduation and what to do next year if I don't even know what my options are. And as an obsessive/compulsive planner (aka, control freak, as I recently realized) it's the complete inability to come up with plans, as much as anything else, that's driving me to distraction.

Here's hoping for some sort of news next week.

I've finally given in to the crazy and emailed the programs I'm still waiting to hear from. Hopefully I can at least get some sort of update on WHEN I should be hearing something. It's hard to plan for graduation and what to do next year if I don't even know what my options are. And as an obsessive/compulsive planner (aka, control freak, as I recently realized) it's the complete inability to come up with plans, as much as anything else, that's driving me to distraction.

Please let us know what they say! I'm dying to hear from Brown, even though I'm pretty sure that I know the answer. I wonder if they are just waiting until after their interview weekend to crush us.

Has anyone here been waitlisted to any of the Ivies?

I wish. Of three attempts, I have one rejection and two silent treatments (=rejection?).

Indeed. I take it as a sign of how slowly the admissions decisions are coming out.

Please let us know what they say! I'm dying to hear from Brown, even though I'm pretty sure that I know the answer. I wonder if they are just waiting until after their interview weekend to crush us.

I'm still waiting on JHU too, so, if you hear anything from them, I'd love to know :D.