Stupid, Stupid GRE

As well all go into serious crunch mode, I am still studying for my retake on Monday. Although I want to put as much time as possible into my applications right now, I'm having to devote time to studying for this thing. I am sooooo ready for it to be done and over with. I'm glad that I had enough time to take it agian, but at the same time, I am just ready to move on.

I'm re-taking on Tuesday. This will be my 3rd time (once for my M.A. app, once for round one of Ph.D. apps). I'm sick of it too, and I feel like my time would be better spent working on other parts of my application.

That being said, I could use a higher score to avoid being weeded out. The key for me, this time, is to slow down while taking the exam instead of blowing through it. I'm also hoping that the new version of the exam plays more to my strengths than the old version did--from what I'm seeing in the study materials, it should. Good luck, lolopixie--I'll send good vibes your way on Monday!

I have no balance. It's pretty much a sh*t show over here right now! Good luck, cquin!!!

Yes, my evenings usually proceed as follows:

"Ahh, I can't study for the GRE, I need to work on my statement!"

*fifteen minutes pass*

"Ahh, I can't work on my statement, I need to study for the GRE!"

You both just made me feel a lot better, because it's a sh*t show over here, too. With the addition of "Ahh, I can't work on app stuff, I need to grade papers!"

It doesn't help that every study book says something about how you can't cram for the GRE. Which is exactly what I'll be doing this weekend.

You both just made me feel a lot better, because it's a sh*t show over here, too. With the addition of "Ahh, I can't work on app stuff, I need to grade papers!"

THIS! Even though I am not studying to take the GREs again (although I wish I could have), I have soooooo many papers to grade!

I've been relatively lazy the past 2 days. I studied with my boyfriend tonight for the GRE for about 2 hours, but that is all of the work I've done in the past 2 days. Well, I've looked over my vocab app on my phone during my breaks at work...not sure how much that really counts. I haven't touched my SOPs or writing sample since Sunday. I'm pretty sure I'm going to kick myself for this, but I really just went into shut down mode. I have a 4 day weekend this weekend though, so I'm going to get some rest and revamp!

I cannot imagine trying to studying for the GRE right now with apps on the brain. Good luck to all you test takers! Sending you good vibes for quiet test rooms, easy questions, and nice sharp pencils. : )

79th percentile verbal. I scored 62nd percentile in September. I'm actually really happy with that score because I worked really hard to get it. It might not be that impressive to some of the people on the board that scored in the 90th percentile or higher, but considering the first time I took it I was in the 36th percentile, I think I did an awesome job.

79th percentile verbal. I scored 62nd percentile in September. I'm actually really happy with that score because I worked really hard to get it. It might not be that impressive to some of the people on the board that scored in the 90th percentile or higher, but considering the first time I took it I was in the 36th percentile, I think I did an awesome job.

That is a really huge jump, congratulations!

As for me, uhh, well, my test actually isn't until the 17th. I honestly have no recollection of signing up for that date (Why so late?? What was I thinking?) and I also don't know why I thought it was earlier--I even wrote down the wrong date in my planner. Thank god my boyfriend suggested I double check before I headed off to the testing center... -__-

So, obviously, I'm so stressed out I'm developing early signs of dementia. Great.