What are you listening to?

fenderpete

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Still Alive" by Lisa Miskovsky from "Mirror's Edge". Great song; Amazing game! -- provided a brief but immensely enjoyable relief from the real life waiting game.

That's ironic - same title as the best video game song ever, from an even more amazing game.

Mirror's Edge wasn't bad, but it gave me motion sickness - a lot of FPS's do that to me.

That's ironic - same title as the best video game song ever, from an even more amazing game.

Mirror's Edge wasn't bad, but it gave me motion sickness - a lot of FPS's do that to me.

No doubt, portal is undoubtedly in a league of it's own -- probably the most innovative game of the last decade. And I agree that Coulton's "Still Alive" is probably the best end credits theme ever for a myriad of reasons, but my personal favourite is "M4 Part 2" by the Faunts from Mass Effect.

Mirror's Edge actually tried to overcome the motion sickness issue with FP games by offering a wider field of vision coupled with HUD mechanics that tried to simulate actual dynamic vision rather than a static camera attached to a head that most FPS's offer. Did you by any chance play with the reticle disabled?

Mirror's Edge actually tried to overcome the motion sickness issue with FP games by offering a wider field of vision coupled with HUD mechanics that tried to simulate actual dynamic vision rather than a static camera attached to a head that most FPS's offer. Did you by any chance play with the reticle disabled?

I don't remember - I only rented it. I don't even remember if it was that bad while I was playing or only while I was watching someone else play (which is always much worse). The absolute worst motion sickness was watching someone else play Half Life 2 for hours. I'm now conditioned to get sick just hearing the sound effects for that game (even Portal now makes me a little sick, didn't used to).

I'll be sure to be more aware of it if I get a chance to play Mirror's Edge again. Interesting info, thanks!

If you wanna chill out from this app stress you gotta go for Cat Stevens and James Taylor. I know, its not as hip as what you young kids are listening to, but nothing else can make you calm down like they can.

You can't go wrong with a bit of 'Catch Bull at Four' or 'Sweet baby James' :D

I'll have to check out Jaydiohead - thanks for the heads up :)

I've now moved on to 'Freewheelin' Bob Dylan'. Very good to exorcise break up demons, as was Rachael Yamagata.