Official Admitted Thread

bob lynch, were you up for a fellowship like Rangel or Pickering? Because if so they wait on those admitted students I talked to Dr. Oleako about that the other day. Im skyping with her Monday let me know if you want me to get a question answered for u.

No fellowships. Just haven't heard anything about any money. I didn't even get a "we've reviewed your application for financial aid and have determined blablabla" type of language in anything I've received. They haven't even mentioned it. I guess if you ask anything, ask if they're finished allocating financial aid, or are they still waiting on some decisions.

Hi all,

Thought I'd post after lurking on here for a while. I'm in at American, GW, GPPI, NYU Wagner and UPenn Fels - and, of course, weighing the financial aspects. I've heard financial offers from Wagner, and I know Fels is planning to release everything via email tomorrow (3/15) - - but any word on when AU, GW or GPPI might let accepted students know about any merit awards, etc.? Has anyone heard?

Congrats all on acceptances to date!

Hello!

Can anyone tell me what the word on the street is regarding UPenn Fels.

I got into both SIPA and Fels.

Sipa is obviously more international and Fels is domestic focused. However, I got much better funding from Fels.

Anybody know the reputation of Fels in the field or alumni?

bob lynch, were you up for a fellowship like Rangel or Pickering? Because if so they wait on those admitted students I talked to Dr. Oleako about that the other day. Im skyping with her Monday let me know if you want me to get a question answered for u.

Wow, you got some great admits.

You are going to defer and do TFA in Houston?

I was a 2008 TFA Phoenix Corps member. The corps definitely was a real world, grassroots, intense experience. It will pay off for ya in later policy and leadership roles.

Yes, I am and just got approvals back from majority of the graduate schools i was admitted to! I'm really excited to embark on TFA because as you say it's the challenging nature of work that will build skills and experience better than anything else a recent graduate can do!

So excited!

legallyproper - I did Teach For America in Texas. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

TFA declined my deferral (jealousy I swear)! As much as I wanted to do it I refuse to reapply through that long process so moving to Budapest on August 24th! I'm young and full of adventure and ready to embark on this intensive 1 year masters! Good luck indeed to everyone heading into graduate school and with your final decisions to be made! :D Cheers!

Thanks dualcitizenIR! Just found out yesterday I have been awarded a FLAS Fellowship from Georgetown to study Spanish and there's plentiful alumni from Budapest that studied in the MAGES program. The director is allowing me to keep my scholarships so I will be attending Georgetown MAGES after my year in Budapest! I adore not paying for two masters !

Hi guys! I have the same dilemma

My major is Master of Public Administration

I was admitted by Fels Institute of Government (UPenn) and School of International and Public Affairs (Columbia).

I'm scholarship student and this scholarship covers everything - tuition, insurance, all related fees, and also provides $2000/ month for housing and food in New York and $1600 in Philadelphia. Therefore cost of tuition doesn't matter for me.

I'm interested - which school is better for me? In the future I plan to become a governor or mayor. So, which school has better conditions for local administrators?

Actually I studied English at CU for 15 months and now some negative moments about CU. However I've never been to Philly and do not know what it is. I heard that UPenn has much better campus than CU (which almost doesn't have it).

Another moment - comparing works of CU and UPenn's admission offices work - I see that UPenn work much better - I feel care and attention. They work very accurate.

Maybe you can give me some worthy advice? I have to make decision until April 10th...

Nobody could give me something definite - because everybody says that each of those universities is great and has specific advantages

Thanks!

Hi guys! I have the same dilemma

My major is Master of Public Administration

I was admitted by Fels Institute of Government (UPenn) and School of International and Public Affairs (Columbia).

I'm scholarship student and this scholarship covers everything - tuition, insurance, all related fees, and also provides $2000/ month for housing and food in New York and $1600 in Philadelphia. Therefore cost of tuition doesn't matter for me.

I'm interested - which school is better for me? In the future I plan to become a governor or mayor. So, which school has better conditions for local administrators?

Actually I studied English at CU for 15 months and now some negative moments about CU. However I've never been to Philly and do not know what it is. I heard that UPenn has much better campus than CU (which almost doesn't have it).

Another moment - comparing works of CU and UPenn's admission offices work - I see that UPenn work much better - I feel care and attention. They work very accurate.

Maybe you can give me some worthy advice? I have to make decision until April 10th...

Nobody could give me something definite - because everybody says that each of those universities is great and has specific advantages

Thanks!

A-Z, given that you are interested in local government, Fels may be a better choice for you. It seems to me that Fels is really well known for local and state government, and its alumni includes mayors.