Official Admitted Thread

In at SAIS and Fletcher (with 7K/year). Very surprised as I a figured I would get dinged by at least one of them. Also, got $0 from Elliott. Not as surprised, though I had hoped for at least a nominal amount.

Edited by yo_yo86

In at SAIS, out at Princeton and Harvard. Since my intended path has changed since I applied, I probably wasn't as committed to this as I thought I was. Princeton and Harvard were not the best fits. SAIS is my dream school. Now I just need a sticker price attached to it ;-).

Holy crap! In at Fletcher with $15k/year!

Waitlisted at SAIS--possibly because I refused Italy/China, more likely because I wasn't a great fit. Still, happy for that much validation!

Tough choices loom. :wacko:

Need advises, please.

Just got in to SAIS with conditional acceptance:

1. Take macro and microeconomics courses

2. Matriculating for English due to low scores of TOEFL (105) and AW GRE (4).

But got admitted unconditionally at ESIA, Josef Korbel DU, and GSPIA Pittsburgh.

I already got a sponsor to pay my tuition (limitless), but I am short in living allowance (only USD 1k/mo).

Looking at my condition, where is the best place to study IR in political economy guys?

For the record, I am working for the ministry of finance, surprised that I am doing good at GRE Q, but never took economics class (my work mostly negotiating international financial agreement).

In: Chicago (full tuition schol), GPPI, SAIS

Waitlisted: HKS, WWS

Waiting: SIPA, Fellowship decisions from GPPI and SAIS

looks like it'll be Chicago if no one else matches their major scholarship

Hi there : )

I just joined because I am ridiculously excited ... and have been lurking your forum for far, far too long (and far, far too obsessively the last week or so!)

I just got my acceptance to HKS and am OVER THE MOON.

obviously funding is still tbd but I'm almost willing to say, however it works, it works.

I've gotten fellowship/full ride + offers to LBJ and Humphrey.

I went to random everyone is accepted state school, but got a 4.0 in urban studies policy analysis .. was published at age 25 and worked as a lobbyist in a social justice cause and now on a statewide ballot campaign with a prestigious state think tank .. I guess that's good. and was a homeless gutter punk runaway kid came out of nothing etc etc (so SOP could conceivably stand out out! while I more tend to believe it means I don't "really" belong)

I can't believe this is real. I really got into Harvard. Having worked on the inside of politics, I can say the salary and positions of people from HKS almost make no sense. and I'm there. or almost there. I almost make no sense. OMG.

(almost too excited to breathe)

do I go to LBJ for free and then some, or HKS no matter what? I'm leaning toward HKS ... has been my dream to be at Harvard since I was 10. still to hear from UCLA and Ford but it's almost laughable at this point. AHHH

(my screen name btw might have more to do with why I got in, very specific subfield of women and public policy/ combining mpp with feminist studies and HKS is the only place that does it to a respectable degree .. yay!)

[edited from too much celebratory sake + spelling]

Edited by mppwomensgirl

Hi there : )

I just joined because I am ridiculously excited ... and have been lurking your forum for far, far too long (and far, far too obsessively the last week or so!)

I just got my acceptance to HKS and am OVER THE MOON.

obviously funding is still tbd but I'm almost willing to say, however it works, it works.

I've gotten fellowship/full ride + offers to LBJ and Humphrey.

I went to random everyone is accepted state school, but got a 4.0 in urban studies policy analysis .. was published at age 25 and worked as a lobbyist in a social justice cause and now on a statewide ballot campaign with a prestigious state think tank .. I guess that's good. and was a homeless gutter punk runaway kid came out of nothing etc etc (so SOP could conceivably stand out out! while I more tend to believe it means I don't "really" belong)

I can't believe this is real. I really got into Harvard. Having worked on the inside of politics, I can say the salary and positions of people from HKS almost make no sense. and I'm there. or almost there. I almost make no sense. OMG.

(almost too excited to breathe)

do I go to LBJ for free and then some, or HKS no matter what? I'm leaning toward HKS ... has been my dream to be at Harvard since I was 10. still to hear from UCLA and Ford but it's almost laughable at this point. AHHH

(my screen name btw might have more to do with why I got in, very specific subfield of women and public policy/ combining mpp with feminist studies and HKS is the only place that does it to a respectable degree .. yay!)

[edited from too much celebratory sake + spelling]

Congratulations! Your enthusiasm is infectious, and I think you should go to Harvard :) Wait and see about funding and then bargain with them if it's not what you want. HKS is a great place and you will rock it there. Way to go!

Sh*t, just got into Columbia. 5 of 5 so far.

When I applied straight out of undergrad, it was 1 of 5, only getting into SIPA (and I suspect that this was because 1 of my recommenders taught there). I guess relevant work experience and a thought-out SoP really does pay off.

Edited by greendiplomat

I already got a sponsor to pay my tuition (limitless), but I am short in living allowance (only USD 1k/mo).

Looking at my condition, where is the best place to study IR in political economy guys?

For the record, I am working for the ministry of finance, surprised that I am doing good at GRE Q, but never took economics class (my work mostly negotiating international financial agreement).

Do you have to pay rent out of that $1k? If so, almost any metro area in the US is going to be difficult to impossible.