Official Admitted Thread

Has anyone from the last round heard from NYU? Aren't we supposed to hear today? They are the last school to get back to me, and I am frustrated.

From previous posts last year it looks like they start sending their decisions late afternoon (4pm EST) to midnight.

Just got admitted to USC Price. No Aid from them. So have to think about all my options before making a decision.

Also waiting on Wagner! and Cornell.

Hey Clover123, was your funding decision in the acceptance packet? Mine didn't mention anything about funding...

Hey Clover123, was your funding decision in the acceptance packet? Mine didn't mention anything about funding...

I was actually informed via email since I have to send in some financial info. So the international students office contacted me informing of of acceptance. I called them to check on my financial aid though.

Got into Stanford IPS YAYYYY!!!!

Me too!

I really seem like a trophy-seeker now, which I'm really not. Only got into 1 place last time around, so I was just trying to get into a program I liked with a financial aid package I was comfortable with, only expecting to get into 2-3. Hopefully future (re)applicants with imperfect GPAs take my case as encouragement!

Edited by greendiplomat

Heard back from 2 schools today, which means all decisions are in! Here are the final results:

Accepted: American, George Washington (10k/year), Seton Hall, Syracuse, UCSD IR/PS, University of Denver (18k/year)

Rejected: Georgetown, Tufts

While I haven't heard back about financial aid from a few schools yet, just looking at my acceptances has got me over the moon. I know it's not super impressive compared to a lot of the other posters in this forum, but I feel like I've done about as well as I could. As a someone from a humanities background coming straight out of undergrad, I didn't have high hopes going in. I thought I would get into maybe 3 programs, 4 tops. Now I just feel so lucky to have so many wonderful options.

At the moment, I'm kind of leaning towards GW. I would be paying through the nose to go there, but I think it would be a great way to build up my resume, so that I'll not only have a degree, but also some interning/work experience when I graduate.

I guess the big takeaway from this is that for new graduates: Don't count yourself out! Obviously having post-graduation work and life experience can only help, but if this is something you really want to do now, go for it. Really the worst thing that can happen is that you have to reapply in a couple years.

And thanks to all you posters out there in the forum! I admit to being something of a creeper, but I really have gotten a lot out of these forums.

P.S. I'll probably be posting my background on the Applicants thread, so that applicants in a similar position can assess their competitiveness etc.

Edited by sengpatt

Heard back from 2 schools today, which means all decisions are in! Here are the final results:

Accepted: American, George Washington (10k/year), Seton Hall, Syracuse, UCSD IR/PS, University of Denver (18k/year)

Rejected: Georgetown, Tufts

While I haven't heard back about financial aid from a few schools yet, just looking at my acceptances has got me over the moon. I know it's not super impressive compared to a lot of the other posters in this forum, but I feel like I've done about as well as I could. As a someone from a humanities background coming straight out of undergrad, I didn't have high hopes going in. I thought I would get into maybe 3 programs, 4 tops. Now I just feel so lucky to have so many wonderful options.

At the moment, I'm kind of leaning towards GW. I would be paying through the nose to go there, but I think it would be a great way to build up my resume, so that I'll not only have a degree, but also some interning/work experience when I graduate.

I guess the big takeaway from this is that for new graduates: Don't count yourself out! Obviously having post-graduation work and life experience can only help, but if this is something you really want to do now, go for it. Really the worst thing that can happen is that you have to reapply in a couple years.

And thanks to all you posters out there in the forum! I admit to being something of a creeper, but I really have gotten a lot out of these forums.

P.S. I'll probably be posting my background on the Applicants thread, so that applicants in a similar position can assess their competitiveness etc.

I have a similar story: coming straight out of undergrad and from Economics background. Thing is, 3 years ago I applied to US for undergrad and was rejected by all schools. Pretty devastated. Have set my heart on going to US for as long as I can remember.

Although most public policy programs say they admit less than 10% of the applicants from undergrad, who knows, you can be the one! I must stress that the biggest difference to my application now compared to 3 years ago is the personal statement. If you have a great profile but cannot communicate it, it's the biggest pity.

This is my final result:

Accepted: Georgetown MPP, Duke MPP, Austin Texas MPAff, UChicago MPP, Stanford IPS, UMichigan MPP

Rejected: George Washington MPA, Princeton, Harvard MPP

Anyone know if funding offers have been made by American SPA or GWU Trachtenberg for MPA candidates?

Following up on my earlier question - - has anyone who learned via their GWU Trachtenberg admissions email that they were being considered in the "pool of funding" actually get their official letter via snail mail with the $ amount yet?

GWU is the last place I'm waiting to hear back from on $...

Following up on my earlier question - - has anyone who learned via their GWU Trachtenberg admissions email that they were being considered in the "pool of funding" actually get their official letter via snail mail with the $ amount yet?

GWU is the last place I'm waiting to hear back from on $...

I'm in the same boat, waiting to hear back from GW. When I emailed them on March 12 they said they were still working on it (making offers, reallocating money when offers are turned down, etc.).

It's sort of amusing because I don't even think I'm eligible for funding, since I applied with the intent to study part-time. So I don't know what their deal is.

Edited by CJ Scudworth

bob lynch, were you up for a fellowship like Rangel or Pickering? Because if so they wait on those admitted students I talked to Dr. Oleako about that the other day. Im skyping with her Monday let me know if you want me to get a question answered for u.