Official Admitted Thread

how are y'all hearing back from programs? i'm still waiting on Wagner and SIPA, but nothing has been updated on the sites through which i submitted my applications.. i haven't received any emails..

Edited by carlisle

how are y'all hearing back from programs? i'm still waiting on Wagner and SIPA, but nothing has been updated on the sites through which i admitted my applications.. i haven't received any emails..

You will get an email from SIPA

Just stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and, considering all of the useful information I've gleaned from it, thought I'd finally register and post. I've thus far gotten into GW, SAIS, SIPA, and Fletcher. Still waiting on SFS. Good luck to everyone who's still awaiting a decision!

I've finally heard back from everyone

Got in at GW, American, Brown, LSE, King's College London, University College London

Rejected at Georgetown and UVA (which I didn't understand oh well)

Likely to go to LSE

Edited by blueline

I thought AU released all financial aid offers with their admissions decisions?

I see that you're an IR applicant - perhaps they just sent the award notification with the admissions from the School of International Service? I applied for an MPA, which is through AU's School of Public Affairs (SPA) so since it's technically a different school, maybe they do it differently.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Thought I'd post after lurking on here for a while. I'm in at American, GW, GPPI, NYU Wagner and UPenn Fels - and, of course, weighing the financial aspects. I've heard financial offers from Wagner, and I know Fels is planning to release everything via email tomorrow (3/15) - - but any word on when AU, GW or GPPI might let accepted students know about any merit awards, etc.? Has anyone heard?

Congrats all on acceptances to date!

I'm also waiting for American funding, they claimed info would be out in mid March.

I heard from GW right away that I would get no funding however.

Thanks alainray, but what time did you hear from them?

I have the same question. Please let us know what time they emailed you. I am curious to know if all emails were sent in the morning, or are they coming throughout the day. Many thanks.

Has anyone heard from Wagner (Master of Public Administration - Public and Nonprofit Management and Policy)?

I haven't heard from Wagner (applied for MPA). But I got accepted into the MPA program at SIPA this morning. Still waiting on USC as well...

I haven't heard from Wagner (applied for MPA). But I got accepted into the MPA program at SIPA this morning. Still waiting on USC as well...

Congrats on SIPA!!! I checked the boards from last year and it seems that they literally waited until March 15th. This wait is driving me nuts! I just hope they don't send out another freaking e-mail about their rankings. Geesh...I know where they are ranked...that's why I applied.

Me too! I'm waiting on both as well.

Wagner sent a couple emails regarding their ranking and career expo and I literally jumped out of bed when my phone beeped with a "Wagner admissions" email. Seriously dude. they have to stop sending the unnecessary emails and just get on with the main thing we're all waiting for. haha

I got rejected by AU but accepted into SAIS ... uhh, what? How does that happen?

Obviously still waiting for financial aid announcements from SAIS and the Georgetown SFS decision. Anyone have speculation as to when SFS makes their decision?

For those that have heard from Wagner - did anything change on your application page? I don't see any place it could notify you.

Nope doesn't look like anything changed on my application page... sorry. Hopefully you will hear soon!

For those that have heard from Wagner - did anything change on your application page? I don't see any place it could notify you.

Hi! Wagner emailed me directly and my online application page didn't change. Hope you hear from them soon!

I got rejected by AU but accepted into SAIS ... uhh, what? How does that happen?

Obviously still waiting for financial aid announcements from SAIS and the Georgetown SFS decision. Anyone have speculation as to when SFS makes their decision?

I remember applying to undergrad and hearing rumors that lower-tier schools would WL or even reject strong applicants because they want to pad their offer/accepted stats. Either way, it's insane the way it turned out for you.

Rumor has it that SFS will release by mid next week.

Yeh I was under impression that SIS gave fin aid info at the time of acceptance. Accompanying the letter. I got in at SIS (no$$), Gtown, GSPIA and Penn St ($) but still waiting to hear on fin aid from Georgetown and GSPIA really hoping one of them gives me a decent chunk of money.