Temporary Insanity (The New School)

tonimac

Um, okay. I think all the waiting has gone to my brain or something. I applied to the New School and today, for kicks, tried to log into their My New School site. Just to see if it would let me. And it did.

I don't know, does that mean I'm in? Or should I ease off the red bull and take a breather?

After I logged in I freaked out, too, because I saw all these disclaimers about how logging in to sites you're not allowed access to is illegal. Even though I HAVE a user name so I think that is allowing me access.

Oh. My. God. I need to go dunk my head in a bucket of ice water, seriously.

I don't think you can ever assume you're in until they tell you so. Sorry... :|

Some schools will give all applicants a login name so that you can access your application status through their own website, or whatever.

Hey, though, I hope it is a good sign! Good luck!

Haha, this reminds me of when I was applying for undergrad. People were trying relentlessly to find some way of "hacking" UCLA's website to find some indication that you may have been accepted. Everyone was like "IF YOU CAN SIGN INTO THIS YOU TOTALLY GOT IN" even though it was like some webpage for adding value to a meal card or something like that. Then if you couldn't sign in there, people would say that the particular error message you got might be a clue. In the end, none of those things could really tell you if you got in or not; you just have to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Thanks, everyone. I've taken a few deep breaths and run a few miles on the treadmill and I'm a little more...sane, now. pfft.

And I'm applying to the Creative Writing department for an MFA in Fiction.

Haha, this reminds me of when I was applying for undergrad. People were trying relentlessly to find some way of "hacking" UCLA's website to find some indication that you may have been accepted. Everyone was like "IF YOU CAN SIGN INTO THIS YOU TOTALLY GOT IN" even though it was like some webpage for adding value to a meal card or something like that. Then if you couldn't sign in there, people would say that the particular error message you got might be a clue. In the end, none of those things could really tell you if you got in or not; you just have to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Hahah...dude! I totally remember that (UCLA '06). It was all over the princeton review (what is now xoxohth) msg boards. I swear it seemed like it was true.

Why not assume you got in and just show up the first day. Tell the department secretary you're a new grad student and need an office assignment.

Seems to me that once worked for George Costanza.